Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Silverthorn

C&C4 redux mod for C&C3

Recommended Posts

Since this is beginning to bug me, I would like to introduce you (& the haters) to this mod. Don't want to talk more about it, but the website will tell you a thousand words, hope you like it.

 

http://www.moddb.com/mods/redux

 

Sonic, despite this may look like C&C4 but it's actually a mod for C&C3, you may have the choice to move to the correct C&C3 section. ;) And if you saw this thread before, don't tell me that I didn't use the search engine, because I swear, I NEVER surf very often to the C&C3 & C&C4 sections (Or most likely not at all for months), I mostly surf only in the News section. So you can lock this existing thread.

 

Don't worry, the spoilers there are not very huge. But whatever, go there at your own risk.

Edited by Silverthorn

Share this post


Link to post

This thread is fine where it is I guess.

 

This mod can't be called an "Official" whatever. EA don't support it, so there's a problem right there. Plus they are talk. Saying what the mod will have will one thing and actually putting it into practise is another thing all together. I honestly see this as another one of those mods that never really gets done. But good luck to them anyway.

Share this post


Link to post

I didn't write official because EA didn't support it, it's the mod team's leader is the one which labeled it, I copied it from there.

 

Anyway, I have my doubts about that as well, currently they are low on man power. Here's what they need :

 

Mod Team Status: IF YOU WANT TO APPLY, SHOW US WHAT YOU GOT IN THE FORUM RECRUITMENT THREAD. (Their own forum, not here)

Number of Modelers: High (we could always use more)

Number of Concept Artists: Moderate

Number of Texture Artists and UV mappers: Very Low (if you can texture a rock, you're in)

Number of Coders: Low (definitely could use more)

 

But we also got a new obstacle which I doubt whether they'll finish it or probably may slow down significantly, and the answer is simple, Starcraft 2. So all of these may take months to get their first version to come out, further into the development, it might take years to get it done, not to mention the new features are :

 

1. Sub-factions (Follow C&C4's Offense, Defense & Support systems but using the original MCVs)

2. New units (C&C4's models but more kickass looking, take an example look at the Scorpion tank they drew. ;) )

3. New campaign missions (May follow EA's storyline for GDI but they'll bend it, Nod & Scrin will all be separate just like Westwood did with their games, we call that the "What If" rule, EA's C&C3 to RA3's campaigns does not apply that rule as their stories are all interacted)

4. Possibly more Forgotten units

 

etc..

 

Don't want to write more of the features, you can go over there and explore for yourself. ;) If you want this to be hosted as a news article, be my guess.

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×