Sign in to follow this  
Guest m-16a2semi

a few ?s about editing on tibed v1.6 on YR

Guest m-16a2semi

i would be greatly thankful if anyone here can answer my dumb questions about tibed, and they are: 1. in yr, is there a way i can name units that i created or modified from originally existing ones and NOT have the unit's name be "MISSING:[unit name]" 2. is there a way in which i can rename all the countries in yr, and not have it also be called "MISSING:[country name]" when i pick them to play as them? 3. also, is there any way i can tweak the comp ai to build and use the units i have added in my mod? 4. another question, is tehre a way in which in the skirmish menu where u pick the countries to play as, is there a way to change the description of each country as u read thru them (example: America has paratroopers, Germany has tank destroyers, etc.)

5. And one last question, during the loading scene right before the battle, in which it shows a map and the country and the special unit of the side u chose as, is it possible to edit the messages there too?

1. in yr, is there a way i can name units that i created or modified from originally existing ones and NOT have the unit's name be "MISSING:[unit name]"

Yes, add to the CSF file.

In rules: UIName=Name:UNIT

In the the CSF file add Name:UNIT and fill in the required name.

2. is there a way in which i can rename all the countries in yr, and not have it also be called "MISSING:[country name]" when i pick them to play as them?

Yes, modify the CSF file. Find Name:[country name] and modify it to match the name you want. You cannot add new countries just so that's clear.

3. also, is there any way i can tweak the comp ai to build and use the units i have added in my mod?

Yes, but it takes some work. You have to use the AI file which TibEd does not edit as far as I can recall. It might now but either way, you have to add them to existing TaskForces OR make entirely new ones. If you make new ones, you have to add a ScriptType and TeamType.

4. another question, is tehre a way in which in the skirmish menu where u pick the countries to play as, is there a way to change the description of each country as u read thru them (example: America has paratroopers, Germany has tank destroyers, etc.)

This, also, is in the CSF file. I forget what exactly you have to edit but I think it's in the GUI: section of the string file.

[qoute]5. And one last question, during the loading scene right before the battle, in which it shows a map and the country and the special unit of the side u chose as, is it possible to edit the messages there too?

Yes, more string editing. Look in the Load: and LoadBriefShort: sections of the string file.

that was quik, ty