Sign in to follow this  
aesir05

Tiberian Twilight Rumors

Bit more info about the mysterious C&C3 pic posted by Planet CNC over the weekend has come forth. Adam Isgreen, Game Design Director at the EALA Studios, posted the following:

Yo,

Guys, Petroglyph doesn't have the rights to C&C. EA owns the C&C brand. The Petro guys are doing their own stuff.

What Mark said is true. What you saw was a concept / inspirational piece of art that we did over a year ago that displays on our internal EA monitors here at EALA. Concept art is our "What if?" avenue to explore things we may or may not want to do in the future with game content, a certain look, or atmosphere / tone.

FYI, it's an image of a Scrin Primal defending against a GDI attack on a Scrin base. Obviously, the primal is winning. =)

And yes, there are still a bunch of us ex-westwood guys here.

So that tells us that Petroglyph is probably not making C&C 3. At any rate, EA asked Planet CNC to remove the picture. I'm not going to speculate further on the why's and whereto's, etc. I'll just patiently wait for EA to make an announcement when they're ready.

Looks like I posted too soon. Saw that on CNCDEN.

Don't know what's going on anymore, since obviously EA won't want people to know anything before they wanted to and why did PlanetCNC decide to post the image now if it was over a year old.

Oh and look at the timestamp. :cry:

http://www.derelictstudios.net/users/smurf/cnc3.jpg