Sign in to follow this  
Sonic

New Profile Customisation Options

You can now make your forum profile page stand out from the rest because new customisation options have been enabled. You can set a background image or background colour. to do this visit your forum profile then click the Edit my Profile button in the top right of the page. Then from the left side menu click on Profile Customization.

Jzbut.png

From here you can Choose Background image and mange a few Background Options.

Please Note: Any images used as backgrounds that we don't like will be removed so choose your images wisely. So think before you upload your image. We don't want to see backgrounds that effect the readability of the page.

Shown below is sample of my profile page with a custom background.

KDc0j.jpg

What is the proper size for any background image for this feature?

Please Note: Any images used as backgrounds that we don't like will be removed so choose your images wisely

The point is that it shouldn't violate the site rules (from the size to the details), I suppose?

What is the proper size for any background image for this feature?

Depends on your source image, in the sample I posted that was 1680px wide image. If you use a photo it should reasonably wide. If you use a small pattern image you can set it to repeat in the background.

The point is that it shouldn't violate the site rules (from the size to the details), I suppose?

Correct. Anything that our team finds offensive, generally ugly will be removed. Or last the member will be asked to remove or change it first.

Does the image get deleted from the server once I click "Remove Customization"?

I would assume so yes. You can also upload the the image http://imgur.com/ and just link to it as well.