Sign in to follow this  
Plok

Reinstallation question

I guess I screwed something up with RA3 so that I can watch replays, but can't play. So, I decided to reinstall the game.

But I wonder, if I reinstall, does that authorisation logic still count that as one install or two?

Nvm, saw the Uprising backup guide. Answer is: one.

Okay, so I've got a serious issue with RA3. I've backed up all RA3-related files from My Documents and Application Data. Then I've demolished all files from the game root and reinstalled the game, patched it to 1.12. Then, I still had the issue of being able to load replays, but not to play skirmishes or load campaigns. Then, after experimenting, I've removed residual files from My Documents and Application Data. I've set up a new profile, it was possibly what wrecked the game.

I've got the game to work, but the movies don't play at all! How to fix this one?

I can:

- play skirmishes

- play the tutorial

- watch replays

I can't:

- watch movie files or even convert them with the EA Video Tools in the Downloads section (running the Allied campaign at all even crashes the game!!!!)

I haven't tested:

- playing multiplayer

Uprising runs fine.

Uniinstall and then reinstall RA3, patch to latest version. Should be good to go then.

That's the first thing I did :P