Sign in to follow this  
K. Olsen

Saved games gone after 1.06 install

Hello, I recently installed The First Decade unofficial patch to hopefully take care of some bugs I had been encountering in game. Now when I try to load my saved games(from before the patch install) it says I have no saved games to load! Please tell me I haven't lost all my work up to this point? :( I did access my Command and Conquer folder and do see a few saved game files, but I don't know what to do with them.

Please help!

Install the latest patch from my website (click my signature to go to the links). They'll be back after you do that.

See, the version in the TFD patch is an older version of the patch (1.06b), which uses different savegame names for the 1024x768 high resolution, because loading a savegame from a different resolution completely messed up the sidebar. Because of that, the older lower-resolution savegames won't show up if you play in 1024x768 resolution. However, the sidebar issue has been fixed in 1.06c, and because of that, it once again uses the normal savegame names. (The installer even renames any high-res format savegames you might've made in 1.06b back to the name format the game can see in 1.06c)

Incidentally, the patch readme file in your game folder (cc95v106b_r2.rtf) has an FAQ which specifically addresses the savegames issue.

I'll just go ahead and point you to the FAQ of the new version you're about to install. I suggest you read it through :P

Well I did the install and now when I try to open the game from The First Decade menu I get this error almost immediately. I'm on Windows 8.1 if that makes any difference.

error.jpg