Jump to content


Command & Patch
  • Content count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

Community Reputation

80 Phenomenal


About Nyerguds

  • Rank
  • Birthday 14/12/1983

Profile Information

  • Location
    Flanders (Belgium)
  • Interests

Command & Conquer Profile

  • C&C:Online
  • CnCNet
  • Favourite C&C
    Command & Conquer

Recent Profile Visitors

52,459 profile views
  1. @Rich Nagel Found an odd bug on this subject... when I added sczounds.mix, the game refused to show the GDI/Nod choice animation on the New Game screen, and crashed when making the side choice...
  2. Nyerguds

    Crash research

    The top-of-map bug is one of the issues the patch fixes, so it can't happen at all if you use the patch. Overall, though, no idea on all that; I never tried installing this on Linux. I believe cncnet has a Linux package, but it might just be a stripped-down package for multiplayer only.
  3. Nyerguds

    1.06c development topic

    @talbin In update 5, along with the updated config tool, I had taken the opportunity to add the updated Japanese voice sets from my Japanese C&C95 CD. However, apparently I forgot a few special cases in that, namely the Kane end speech, and the "GDI selected" and "Nod selected" from the Start New Game screen. These files were missing from the Japanese language after update 5, and someone reported to me via e-mail that if the game was set to Japanese, this made the game hang on the Start New Game screen. So, update 6 fixes this.
  4. @PurpleGaga27 Dune II is literally the first C&C game.
  5. Woah! I've seen the Commemorative Edition, but I've never seen this one before! Can you show pictures of its contents? It says "signed"... who signed it?
  6. Nyerguds

    1.06c development topic

    I finally added FunkyFr3sh's updated config tool, along with the updated cnc-ddraw,
  7. Hmm... that was the letterboxing option in the original... You can just replace it with "Nearest neighbor". The result is identical.
  8. Uhhh... why on earth do you think you would need Direct3D 9? This is a 100% 2D game. I'm not really sure I understand your issue here. Why do you want to use that other dll? There is an updated config tool and cnc-ddraw dll available through a little pack that FunkyFr3sh put together. I advise you to install that: https://forums.cncnet.org/topic/8821-cc-1-tiberian-dawn-installation-on-windows-10/
  9. Nyerguds

    Crash research

    @Tore No, that's exactly the kind of glitches you get when loading a savegame of the mission that was saved in a lower resolution. I put code into the game to reset the viewport, but it is tied to opening the sidebar, so if the sidebar is not open it is not automatically executed on mission load.
  10. Nyerguds

    Crash research

    @Nongulavu That resolution glitch issue is mentioned in the readme. Just press tab to open the sidebar and it'll perform a refresh that stops that glitching. As for the crash, check if compatibility is enabled on the C&C95 executable. If it is, disable it. Note that CCConfig will re-enable it, because it was made for WinXP where Win95 compat mode worked best.
  11. You didn't mention the "minigunner" in C&C1
  12. Ahh, another glorious instance of fans overthinking things the games only added for the Cool Value
  13. Nyerguds

    Crash research

    Here you go: http://nyerguds.arsaneus-design.com/cncstuff/cctxt/ccmanual.txt The savegames are basically straight memory dumps of the game, though. They can't really be edited.
  14. I let it loose on a bunch of renders... the results were pretty cool: Command & Conquer 1: https://imgur.com/a/2HhPlOz Red Alert 1: https://imgur.com/a/rC2AlC7