Sign in to follow this  
Sonic

Command & Conquer Patch Centre Now Open

For those who don't know we have been experiencing problems with our downloads system in recent weeks. The problem has been fixed but the decision was made to close down the existing downloads section and scale it back. Since CNCNZ.com is a news and information site, and not a file repository, we are now only hosting a few selected downloads such as the official patches. So with that in mind the Command & Conquer Patch Centre and been created. Your one stop location to download all of the patches for every Command & Conquer game.

Ij2QlbF.png

The Command & Conquer Patch Centre can always be found under the Features menu on the main site.

It's probably not a good idea to leave the old official C&C95 WinXP patch in the list... I've had a few people saying the 1.06 patch didn't work right, and it turned out it was caused by them adding the old WinXP patch over it, from a "just to be sure" mindset.

Ever since since Scorpio9a, and later CnCNet, provided a version of that thipx32.dll that actually makes LAN work again rather than simply disabling it to fix the startup crash, the official patch has become completely obsolete, anyway.

Oh, and the C&C95 v1.06 patch description there is kind of a mess. Would be better to give a more general description and features list there rather than dumping in part of the latest version's "what's new" list :-\

It's probably not a good idea to leave the old official C&C95 WinXP patch in the list... I've had a few people saying the 1.06 patch didn't work right, and it turned out it was caused by them adding the old WinXP patch over it, from a "just to be sure" mindset.

I see no harm in leaving it there for anyone wanting a quick fix. But I have edited the description.

Oh, and the C&C95 v1.06 patch description there is kind of a mess. Would be better to give a more general description and features list there rather than dumping in part of the latest version's "what's new" list :-\

Silly me I used the old description from the now way out of date version of the main site. All fixed now ;)