Boyhead77

C&C 3 Tiberium Wars on Steam

I recently downloaded tiberium wars from steam and for some reason when I click on the icon to start it from my desktop as well as from steam it tries to run, the screen goes black and then a big box pops up saying "c&c 3 tiberium wars has stopped working. A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available." I have tried compatibility modes as well as running it as an administrator. I've installed it twice and gotten nowhere. Any ideas?

directx wont let me install 9.0. it says "you must be running windows 98. windows millennium edition, windows 2000, windows xp, or windows server 2003 family to install the directx 9.0"

Alright so I got directx installed and now it is back to saying it stopped working like it was originally.

not directx but C&C is saying it stopped working. it seems to have more of a delay now than it did before. it tries to open and it sits for a sec, then the screen goes black for a little longer than it used to and then that error message comes up. could it be in the compatability settings now? as you can probably tell im not super computer savy. i honestly havent really done much with a computer since windows XP so im out of date here. i wont be offended if you talk me through it like im retarded. lmao

The game should run if you've done everything right. Remove all compatibility modes (as it runs without them on all systems from XP SP2 onwards). Set both Steam and TW to run as admin.

If it doesn't, open Windows Explorer and type this into the address bar:

C:\Users\[WINDOWS USERNAME]\AppData\Roaming\Command & Conquer 3 Tiberium Wars\Profiles\[PROFILE NAME]

In that folder, place the Options.ini file found in this zip:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/t5n3bwhug142rcj/TW_Options_ini.zip

See if that helps.

I'm not gonna lie I can't get that Windows Explorer thing to work at all. Is there a step by step way I can get to that. Or can I just download that zip file and drop it in one of the folders in my C&C 3 file under "this pc"

Would it be easier to make a video of what your talking about and put it on YouTube or something? If I can see it I can do it. I'm a visual learner

Still nothing. I just realized I might have forgotten to mention I'm running Windows 10.

Reinstall the game. I'm also on Windows 10 and can't think of anything else that might cause this.