Sign in to follow this  
Guest Tibed User

I got a uncaughtException

Guest Tibed User

What I did was, I tried to load my Alpha version tibed 2 mod into the beta 3. I got this message when I tried that.

There was an error which was not handled by any code! Please report this error message and steps to recreate the error on the TibEd Forums (http://www.tibed.net/forum) unless error message below makes sense. Tibed could be unstable now!

Error type: EDOMParseEror

Error message: XML document must have a top level element

Line: 0

Guest TibEd User

Hmm... my mod can load up but that error sounds serious. Does it do something with my registry.

Wow... the program shutdown by itself...

I got that error in beta 2 when i would load an alpha project so i would just save it in beta and reopen it. After that it would work fine.

I did that. It still has a problem of shutting down. I found the point where it does it though. When I add this "one Upgrade_AmericaScoutDrone" to the tomahawk missile launcher, 3rd object creation box (the one on the hellfire) and when I go save, the program just shutsdown. (Feels stupid on removing the droid limit on the tomahawks...)

gah I can't fix it... it keeps shutting down... The superweapons general tomahawk has the same problem with its scout drone and Attack Drone. (some reason the hellfire drone doesnt shutdown when I add it in.)

Please mail me one of those projects which give this (koen at tibed dot. net)

Then I can see what is happening.

Also, what exactly do you do to make TibEd just shutdown? Can you give a bit more exact steps? As I do not know what you mean right now.

What are you trying to do? I dont understand what you are trying to get the game to do.

Just curious.

What I'm trying to do is add the Scout Drone, Hellfire Drone, and the Attack Drone back on the Tomahawk missile luancher. (I took them off a while ago) Now when I put them back and save. Tibed just auto shutsdown...

The exact steps I did

Went to the Tomahawk Missile Launcher for the Superweapons general.

Opened the first ObjectCreationUpgrade and pasted Upgrade_AmericaScoutDrone Upgrade_AmericaHellfireDrone in the conflict with box.

I did the same with the other 2 ObjectCreationUpgrades so the section looks identicle to the Humvee ObjectCreationUpgrade.

When I go to save, or when auto save kicks in. The program shuts down.

At this point, I already re added the drones to the aircraft general, regular american general. The Lazer General and the Superweapons General are the one's having this error.

To add some more background information. Back in the Alpha version, when I try to edit the drones back, the file corrupts and that section turns all white. I have to end up closing it manueling and rebooting tibed to contiune editing.

SWeet!! I fixed it! (The shutting down error)

I realized that my new mod shared the same name as my older alpha version mod (the infected one) and so I changed the mods name. Now it doesnt shutdown when I edit it! Yay!

Okay, this is rather strange... the file you sent me opens for me in TibEd 2 beta 3 build 77, which has been on the website for just 1 week now. But you have it because you get the uncaught exception... so I'm not quite sure what is happening here.

You get an error when you open the file you sent me in TibEd, right? So right away when you open it?

I opened the alpha version in the tibed 2 beta 3 yes and I get it right away. Well despite the slightly slow lag that happens before the pop up comes up.