Sign in to follow this  
Lingerhosen

Tiberian Sun LAN probs (yes, I know,...)

Guys, help a brother out here.

Tiberian Sun has become my Nemesis! I just wanted to play some C & C with a mate and have nearly been pushed to the point of suicide but it's inability to behave in any normal or reasonable fashion!!! I know it's an old game and this topic has been discussed before, but none of the previous answers have solved my problem!

I have read every topic and FAQ on this topic I can find and am getting familiar with the CMD line prompt stuff but it is all to no avail! I have spent days fiddling with different settings, but with absolutely NO joy. The laptop is limited graphically so there aren't many network games it will play (plus I'm skint) so I REALLY want this one to work!

The details:

Win XP Home desktop

Win 2000 Prof. laptop

LAN cable, both computers happily see each other and can share files. IPSX enabled on both. Firewalls off. Network address set to 00000000 on both and the same frame rate (tried 'em all!). Found my network card number/MAC Address on both and set that in the options page (although sometimes it doesn't seem to bring up the right number for some reason, but even if it does it doesn't work).

Socket number and destination number left blank in the options page of the game.

I did manage with a different computer (Win XP Pro.) instead of the laptop, to be able to see the opponent in the lobby but it was only one way and wouldn't join the game.

I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling. Frequently. I have two copies of the game (though am I right in thinking it's irrelevant on TS?).

What the hell am I doing wrong? It shouldn't be this hard surely!!!

I haven't been able to update it from version one as the files don't seem to exist anywhere. I found a couple of links in previous postings but they all lead to dead ends, I presume because of the age. This includes Westwood and file planet.

Sorry about the length of the post guys, but this will be carved on my tombstone at this rate!!!

Heeeeeeeeellllllllllllpppppppp!!!!!!!