Sign in to follow this  
Guest General_F

LAN IP Network Problem On PC Nr.2

Guest General_F

Let see, ive got this damn annoying problem with C&C Generals (NOT ZH).

Since i dont like online play very much(yeah im crazy:S) i usually like playing LAN with my bro.

Anyways im having problems, the 2 computers are connection all good, but its when we start the game on my brothers computer and press the NETWORK menu the game crashes and gives a ''techincal difficulties'' error. (remember, this problem only shows up on my brothers computer).

So....I start up the game again, i enter the ''OPTIONS'' menu and i check the ''ONLINE IP'' & the ''LAN IP'' just to be shure, and its all BLANK, nothing is written in that box and it cant be written by me, its like some kind of auto-detect thing. So i pressed the REFRESH NAT button, nothing happend?

Whats the problem? Ive set up 2 different IP's for both of computers, 192.168.0.1 on mine and 192.168.0.2 on his but the Generals game aint detecting his IP? (but on my computer it is.)

ANY help is very appreciated.

Thanks in advance, General F.

Perhaps you could explains your network configuration a bit more, how are the 2 computer connected to each other?

Are your running any firewalls?

Guest General_F

:roll: Ohh ok sorry, well my english really sucks, but ill try:

They're connected with a network cable (RJ-45), e.g NO D-LINK or something like that just a cable, and with that ive managed to play LAN on many different games, like C.S, Red Alert 2 and so on.

Now back to the setup :o :

I manually configured TWO different IP numbers on each computer, mine has 192.168.0.1 and the other one has 192.168.0.2.

A firewall is in use too yes, but ive myself configured the firewall to allow any IP numbers from the Generals game .exe file to pass through so the firewall itself shouldnt be a problem. (I even tried disabling the firewall).

Hmm, thats as far as i can describe it i think :?

But feel free to ask anything.

- General F.

are you using two different copies of generals?

Guest General_F

No, its the same CD that i bought that ive installed on both computers... :roll:

Guest Rabbit

That could be your problem. CD key is the key. Or... is that true for LAN play?

Guest General_F

Well the thing is that im using same copy of the generals but....another serial for the other computer...you know a serial number that i ''FOUND'' ( :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: )on the internet...(notice the ' ('') '

Guest Rabbit

Well, talking about serials, wares, hacks, or anything like that is forbidden on these forums. It's a rule here, and downloading a key off the internet is not allowed to be spoken of.

Now, for all we know, you could have a cracked game.

yes you need 2 different copis of generals for lan play.

Guest General_F

Well The Hypnotist, what im using has nothing to do with this forum, i mean, only cuz i killed a bird when i was 12 years old doesnt mean you can accuse me for anything here on the forum. please just understand what i mean, i respect your rules but im not breaking any. I wasnt asking for any warez/anything illegal on THIS FORUM, although what i did may not be 100% legal, but my posts dont got anything to do with that.

And then Aplhabear: thx for your replies but im pretty sure you were wrong on the last one, ive played LAN, with 4 of my friends in school in the same time using the exact same copy on all computers.

Thanks for all your replies people.

General F-

Guest General_F

How can i simply make the GENERALS game detect a computers IP if it hasnt done it by itself?

yes there are ways to get around having only one copy when playing LAN. I have done it also but it requires some modification in the generals directory.

Guest General_F

Hmm, thats weird because i dont think i ever did do any modifications on any folder when I played LAN with ma buddies...... But Ill come back to that just as ive (hopefully) fixed this problem with Generals not detecting the LAN/network IP in OPITIONS menu in Generals game on one of the computers.... Any way you could fix that?

I actually tried to change a little in the Options.ini file on the My documents/Command and Conquer Generals Data/ - folder...

the ini files contains lines like this:

===============================================

AntiAliasing = 1

BuildingOcclusion = yes

CampaignDifficulty = 0

DrawScrollAnchor =

DynamicLOD = yes

ExtraAnimations = no

GameSpyIPAddress = 192.168.0.2

Gamma = 50

IPAddress = 192.168.0.2

===============================================

Only change i did was on the GameSpyIPAddress and the IPAddress, i changed them to the exact IP that i myself manually had given the Internet protocol (TCP/IP).

And still after this little mess nothing happend, the Generals IP in opitons was still BLANK, nothing written, and the game is still crashing when entering the NETWORK menu in OPTIONS.

Ive tried reinstalling...didnt help.

Did you delete the folder: C:My DocumentsCommand and Conquer Generals Data when you uninstalled it?

Guest General_F

Hmm... damn i just realized that i never did... :P

Im not home (where the PC that has those problems is). but ill uninstalling and deleting that folder...

Thx for the reply buddy..

Guest General_F

Uninstalled, just remember that i never should have uninstalled cuz pc is having some damn error everytime you try to install something (usually games).

Error -1608: Unable to Create InstallDriver Instance

^^^^^^^^^^^

searched the google.com for it, lots of people had has this problem,

people usually links them to this site:

http://consumer.installshield.com/kb.asp?id=Q108440

which didint help me, and neither the others...

ne help?:P