Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Bring The Pain

Need new ideas for A.F. Gen.

Recommended Posts

Guest Bring The Pain

Need new ideas for A.F. Gen. I can pretty much own any GLA early in the game, and I don't seem to have a problem against USA. But the one army that kicks my ass is China Inf. I play friends, and usually I don't like to rush my buds so that we can have a longer game. I have tried different combos of forces and at times the sniper and ranger combo in humvees backed up by Tomahawks works well. But at other times the troop crawlers and outposts just maul through my defense with the help of a nuke cannon. Maybe I need to micro-manage better? Any suggetsions would be nice from some Zero Hour Vets that know the A.F. Gen. inside out.

Share this post


Link to post
Guest jturk3
Need new ideas for A.F. Gen. I can pretty much own any GLA early in the game, and I don't seem to have a problem against USA. But the one army that kicks my ass is China Inf. I play friends, and usually I don't like to rush my buds so that we can have a longer game. I have tried different combos of forces and at times the sniper and ranger combo in humvees backed up by Tomahawks works well. But at other times the troop crawlers and outposts just maul through my defense with the help of a nuke cannon. Maybe I need to micro-manage better? Any suggetsions would be nice from some Zero Hour Vets that know the A.F. Gen. inside out.

 

In my last skirmish i ended up fighting the infantry gen in a 4 player FFA. I used snipers up the wazzu. dont put them in the firebase. its just not needed since theyre cloaked. line your base with enough patriots and a few firebases. Have about 3-5 tomahawks behind that to blow up the transport. Then the sprawled out snipers mop up. If youd like, fill an assualt chopper with 8 snipers and have it periotcally fly by the china base. make sure you wipe out the gattling turrets first. Ill try a 2 player skirmish to find strategies for them. Any maps in particular?

Share this post


Link to post

Howdy. I play ol' Granger almost exclusively, so when I saw your post, I thought that I might be able to help you out. (I been playing Generals since it first came out, and I've learned a thing or two.)

 

Okay. First off, the Assault Transport isn't your biggest problem, no matter what people tell you. In all honesty, four Humvees can do the deed against one of them. I know that's bad numbers, but hear me out. Against the Infantry General, the Humvee is the single greatest weapon. Yes, the Pathfinder is great too, but I've found that it's best to use it for base defense and scattered across the map instead of as an attack force. Then again, if you can drop a chinook with Col. Burton and a bunch of Path's inside of his base, you can cause some major problems.

 

When I go up against an Infantry General, I always use the Spy Drone first. I know that that's second nature for most USA Generals, but I thought that I'd put that out there. Set one up right over his base, and check where he is with your Sat. Trace first. It's best to set it up near the rear of the base, where he's not likely to place any Gattling Cannons.

 

Now, build humvees. Fast. You can even bypass building a barracks in your build order to save funds. If he decides to rush you, it'll most likely be with either a couple of Assault Transports, or a Helix full of Mini-Gunners. Make sure you have at least one Patriot, and try to get the TOW Missle upgrade.

 

After the initial "rush time", concentrate on building your Strategy Center, as well as at least one Airfield. The weapon of the day is not the King Raptor, and not the Aurora. It's the Stealth Fighter. Two of these babies will wipe out a Gattling Cannon no sweat, add the Bunker Buster, and the fact that they're cloaked, and this is the best way to clear out the "Super Bunkers" that are around the base.

 

Now, with the Infantry General you never want him to come to you. Always attack him. Because his main attack force consists of Assault Transports and the "Radar Transport" (You know what I'm talking about, I just don't know the name), the Humvee with Rocket soldiers is your absolute ultimate weapon, with a couple of Pathfinders thrown in for good measure.

 

As for base defenses, use the Fire Base plenty, place Spy Drones throughout the base, and keep Pathfinders in good measure. This will keep him from using the Lotus. Finally, do use a couple of Tomahawks to keep the Nuke Cannon at bay, but a single Raptor does a much better job, and does it faster. I try to keep one on hand for this kind of emergency.

 

Well, that's about all I can say. I've gotta go, so if you have any questions, I'll try to help you out.

 

- Sparticus

Share this post


Link to post
Guest platinumnuts

Couple of other small points:

 

1) The mini-gunners are very effective at shooting down aircraft

so the chinese infantry general, can, paradoxically, build a pretty

good defense against air attacks

 

2) liberal but judicous use of snipers is a real key when playing

the infantry general - you can effectively prevent any infantry

over run of your base with this.

 

3) Make sure you have some chinooks in guard mode to prevent

a lotus attack of your base

Share this post


Link to post
Guest Master-D

Your Question is sooo weird,

but anyways...

2 things u need inorder to kick infantry`s candy...

 

1.Humvee`s with snipers and rifelmen + Tomahoks this will be ur attack team. the more snipers u get the more infantry u kill. ofcorse u should know the right time to attack..

 

2.APACHE`Z (Helicopters) + Snipers + Pateriots make them ur base deffenders place 3 or 4 helicopter with some snipes, in each side of ur base and stay alert!

with apaches u can destroy the nukecannons, cz they r so fragile. and the snipes will kill the infantry.. so ur helicopters are safe ;)

this is one of the techniques i follow, when i play against infantry, and it works all the time... so try it!

Share this post


Link to post
Guest Coronel willy

you should make lots of auroras and make sure your defences can support overlords.

Share this post


Link to post
Guest Coronel willy

you should make lots of auroras and make sure your defences can support overlords.

Share this post


Link to post
Guest Master & Commande

You should try superweapons generals its better against China tank.

Share this post


Link to post
Guest Master & Commande

You should try superweapons generals its better against China tank.

Share this post


Link to post
Guest rchandra

Superweapon General ?

Superweapon General is powerful against tank but poor against infantry.

Share this post


Link to post
Guest Master & Commande

And which other general would defeat superweapon general??

Share this post


Link to post
Guest Proof
And which other general would defeat superweapon general??

 

Almost any GLA .... ambush .... destroy airfields. If he has a couple of AA on guard you are in luck... he will commit suicide ... :D

Share this post


Link to post

I expeianced chineese infantry swarms off of some of my opponents, the best way i deal with them if lots of attack chinooks filled with pathfinders, does not always work if they can get in close enough to take down the copters, but with enough copters then they cant get near

Share this post


Link to post
Guest rchandra
I expeianced chineese infantry swarms off of some of my opponents, the best way i deal with them if lots of attack chinooks filled with pathfinders, does not always work if they can get in close enough to take down the copters, but with enough copters then they cant get near

 

How about gattling tanks that have long enough range to take down the copters ? The worst thing against China using the AF Gen is the gattlings.

Share this post


Link to post

The only way that it works is if you fill up a Com. Chinook with (8) Pathfinders. The one flaw with the Mini-Gunners and the Gattling Tanks are that their weapons take a second to "warm up". If they're fully levelled, then that changes. However, I've successfully beaten fifty Mini-Gunners with a single Copter. (That's an estimate. He rushed toward my base with something close to a hundred. A friend of mine and me were testing ideas.)

 

In any case, weapon to use against the Infantry General is not the Combat Chinook. Use the Humvee. Put two or three snipers inside, add a Battle Drone. Use two or three Humvees, and it's a much better investment, because the Gattling weapon has a much shorter range land-to-land, and the Humvee holds up a little better than the Chinook.

 

That's the way I do it, so I thought I'd share that little tidbit with you.

 

- Sparticus

Share this post


Link to post

The key word is 'infantry'....

 

When I played using GLA Stealth, the infantry, instead of a trouble, they became my financial source. I used this Quads to take 'em out.

 

Since you're using A.F Gen, it should be less problem. Like the rest of guys said, use the snipers. OR, utilise your Stealth Commanche ability. Tell 'em to work in pair. they can slow down those infantry before they can cause havoc. In they're coming with airplanes (eg: paratroopers), make sure you standby few sinpers and Stealth Commanche around your base.

 

P/s: Infantry afraids of bullets and guns... don't use missle against them.

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×