Sign in to follow this  
Sadok

C&C Generals Please help!

Well, I go through the setup and its just fine. But i switch from putting it on Drive F instead of Drive C, the setup goes on and its perfect, but then when im done with it a message comes up saying:

C:Documents and SettingsSadokLocal SettingsTemp{06F80017-8F98-4C94-B868-52358569FC32}DatGen.exe

I dont even know why it says that, because i put the game in Drive F. PLEASE HELP!

thank you.

Firstly I had know idea about this problem or even the game your talking about. Google tells me this DatGen.exe is associated With C&C Generals/Zero Hour.

The are a few results and solutions offered from this search on Google: http://www.google.co.nz/search?q=DatGen.ex...lient=firefox-a

From I can tell I'm picking you don't even have a legal copy of the game anyway.

Yes its a legal copy. I bought the game today form gamestop, brand new.

Firstly I had know idea about this problem or even the game your talking about. Google tells me this DatGen.exe is associated With C&C Generals/Zero Hour.

The are a few results and solutions offered from this search on Google: http://www.google.co.nz/search?q=DatGen.ex...lient=firefox-a

From I can tell I'm picking you don't even have a legal copy of the game anyway.

To be honest that gave no help at all, srry.

well ok i will look into it for yah but it might take me a day to reply on how to fix it. is it the original version or the fist decade version? and is it just original generals or is it the expansion as well?

Well i have the whole deluxe edition, but this is just the regular one, not the expantion. Thank you for looking into it :).

Guest Rabbit

Ahem... uhh... he says he has the deluxe edition, which is the Gen / ZH pack, yet he says he doesn't have the expansion?

Idunno... seems pretty suspicious to me.

Bah its in a temp folder. That means you can delete it. So delete it. ;)

Here is the info

This is the legal copy of the deluxe edition generals. I installed the first one in drive f, but that error came up, so now i cant play. So, what should i do, i unistalled it like 4 times, still the same message.

Ahem... uhh... he says he has the deluxe edition, which is the Gen / ZH pack, yet he says he doesn't have the expansion?

Idunno... seems pretty suspicious to me.

No, i meant i have the deluxe edition, but the one im talking about rite now is the regular one/

so you are just trying to install generals and not with the expansion Zero hour? have you tried with the expansion as well because that could fix it.

Yeah, i tried, didnt fix it, but u know whats weird? It works on my dads laptop. And i put it on drive c on my dads laptop, so maybe there is something wrong with my f drive in my desktop, but sadly, i have no rrom on drive . :(

Guest Rabbit

Why not install it on your C drive then?

Guest Rabbit

Couldn't have said it better myself. :P

Defrag might help too. Or move some of your worthless files on teh C to the F.

This odd, it still doesnt work on my computers C drive! What the heck? I dont get why its working on my laptop but not PC.