Sign in to follow this  
the russian

Can't load game keep getting critical error message

So I installed and re installed both Red2 and Yuris Revenge several times and each time i try to launch Yuries Revenge it goes to a black screen that the error message appears saying that the file Gamemd.exe is the reason for the error. I than tried deleting this file 5 times and it keep returning to my computer and I keep getting the same error. I installed all the latest pacthes but it still refuses to work. Just wondering if anyone else has had this same problem and if there is a way to fix it.

Thanks

:idea:

Why the hell did you delete that file?!?!??!! That is the file that is used to open the game, and if you deleted it, the shortcut doesn't know what to do... :roll:

noob...

Need more information...

Such as, your OS, hardware specs etc...

My OS is Windows XP Pro, Gateway petium4, with over 1gig of ram.

When i deleted the file it did nothin as it remade it self right away in the same spot. The error message keeps saying that file is the problem.

Just right click on the files and/or shortcut to file at select properties. Then click on Compatibility tab. Here is a screen shot, I don't have RA2 installed right now but its the same for any file you want to set Compatibility modes for.

compatvq6.png

Set game.exe, ra2.exe, ra2md.exe and gamemd.exe to Windows98 compatability. That ought to do it.

Why all of them ? Why not only the "icon", where you launch the game ?