Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Sonic

Bans & Supensions for C&C 3 Cheaters

Recommended Posts

Community manager APOC has announced a much tougher policy towards people caught cheating and disconnecting deliberately while playing Command & Conquer 3 online. It also looks like more action will be taken to clean up the cesspool known as the Official C&C 3 Forums as well.

 

Hey everyone,

 

So, I'll cut to the point here. We've discussed for a while about handing down bans and suspensions against cheaters and vehement disconnectors and also those spamming chat and forums and so forth. We've been keeping tabs on a lot of accounts and finally have a process to take strict action against those we catch.

 

I'm happy to announce that today we handed down over 60 bans and suspensions on C&C 3 player accounts. All of these accounts have their ladder stats reset, most of these accounts have their sub-accounts banned (which means they can still create a new name but not use one of their original), and a small segment of accounts were completely serial key banned.

 

We will not tolerate cheaters and disconnectors and we are keeping a very close eye. Between the forum moderators, some great volunteer help at GameReplays.org, and our back-end tools, we have plenty of firepower and evidence to take such action.

 

In most cases we will issue a warning to the user and reset stats, and if they are warned again, stricter action will be taken such as a sub-account ban and further serial key ban if necessary.

 

I strongly encourage you NOT to disconnect or cheat, such actions can get your account fully deactivated and a 1st warning will also mean an automatic DQ from our upcoming ladder season.

 

Its not worth it and we will be taking weekly action as we are starting with what I think is a big message today.

 

Thanks,

APOC

 

p.s. - I think its fairly obvious to know some of the players who have been warned or banned, but in respect of privacy, I will not post a full list. I can't promise to answer on everyone who is on our list today, but I'll do my best to share a few notables if asked.

Cheaters and disconnectors beware! Click here for the original post.

Share this post


Link to post

They're determined.

 

 

I wish we saw more of that a year ago.

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×