Sign in to follow this  
RA2FREAK

Renegade won't start up

Hi guys, i just got a new Hp compaq nx6325 with win xp pro 1 gig ram 1.6ghz amd turion and 256 video. I Installed renegade and when I start it up the loading screen comes up and dissapears and then nothing happens. can anyone help me with this problem?

Have you tried changing the settings with WWConfig.exe? putting a low quality and resolution might help...

ok i tried that and i still have the same problem. one thing i do not understand is how you install and play it with the game disc and don't even use the data disc. is that how it is supposed to be or am i doing something wrong there.

ok i tried that and i still have the same problem. one thing i do not understand is how you install and play it with the game disc and don't even use the data disc. is that how it is supposed to be or am i doing something wrong there.

The data disk is the disk that needs to be in the drive when you play, I believe.

What to do you have in terms of video acceleration?

I'm going to guess and say you have some sort of onboard video card that shares your system memory. If that's the case you might need to upgrade to a better 3D video card (AGP or PCI-E).

If you have the wrong disc in when starting the game it will pop up and tell you to insert the data disc.

yes tht is my video card specs. and when i put the data disc in to play it says insert the game disc.