Sign in to follow this  
Sonic

Jet Set Games - New Company From Former Westwood Devs

Jet Set Games company started by Adam Isgreen and Brett Sperry formly of Westwood and joining them are Rade Stojsavljevic and Steve Wetherill.

There site is at http://jetsetgames.net/. They are making games for the iPhone, Nintendo Wii, Playstation 3 and Xbox 360

Good to see those old Westwood names pop up in other places. But I'm also seeing signs of what happened when Petroglyph started. Everyone noticed lots of old Westwood guys and immediately jumped on the band wagon.... like its second coming of Westwood or Westwood reincarnated or something. I feel into that trap and well it turned into really boring community.

I wish Jet Set Games the very best of luck, as an Xbox 360 owner I'm interested in what they come up with. iPhones games.... give me a break. Phones are for communication, not gaming. But Jet Set Games is not the new Westwood, and neither is Petroglyph.

I wish them all the best in their endeavors. :)

I was going to get around to posting a thread exactly like this...Guess I'm so busy with the design and construction of the first Jet Set Community Fansite, that I haven't really thought about it.

But anyway, the approach that's been taken with Jet Set is to be more console orientated. They partially feel that this should cut the "Westwood Revived" Attitude that came with the founding of Petroglyph. However, gamers can take it 2 ways. The media shouts about "former Westwood" and that's it... people expect a C&C like clone to shoot out the door sooner or later.

Jet Set Games' mission statement is "To develop elegant and entertaining products which are easy for anyone to play." It's more about the casual games market, than anything else. So there's not really going to be any console RTS games coming out here. I believe they wish to remain far away from that as possible right now. Adam has said it himself... the traditional RTS on consoles doesn't work, so he couldn't give 2 monkeys about the whole genre.

I personally wouldn't say I'm jumping on the bandwagon with my JetSector fansite. My mind is rather open at this point.. so if they come out with a driving game, a platformer, a simply crazy yet fun puzzle game for example, then I'm more than happy to go along with that and support the company entirely.

With the iPhone issue. As it stands Jet Set are focussing on the term "Applications"... Indeed they will almost 100% be likely to be creating games. But they do have a seperate site called Jet Set Apps... which I've been told will also focus on applications to boost the iPhone's communication and Smart Phone usability. So we are likely to see a serious side to Jet Set with potential apps for business and personal use, as well as the entertainment sector.

Did you know getting your hopes up over some random company started by some Westwood Devs is stupid?

You calling me stupid in that other thread Luk3us is uncalled for really. If it was anyone else who popped in and mentioned Jet set, you'd be, "best of luck with the fansite"... Plus also, that would be like myself calling Sonic stupid for deciding to continue following C&C after my departure. It's not something I would even consider doing. All power to him for sticking by the franchise for so long... There's something called Respect. I respect Sonic for taking me on here all those years ago, and helping me find out and learn how a successful website is run... That's stuff that will stay with me. I've also learnt that things don't go right... there are gonna be failures, there are gonna be problems... so be it.

If my Jet Sector site falls through, or the company does a Petroglyph... then nevermind. These things happen, you pick yourself up, move on and take the experience with you. Just because I've abandoned C&C, it doesn't make me a bad person you know. I've gone into this new community as a console gamer first, and an old Westwood supporter second. I was toying over the idea of creating a Starcraft 2 or Dawn of War 2 Fansite instead... but I'm not going to tie myself to a particular franchise and/or Genre. My goals for Jet Sector are not the same as what was planned here or at Petro-Gamers. There's a completely different ethos I wish to create while still remaining professional. Leaving CNCNZ.com has allowed me to readdress the fine line between personal opinion and professional conduct, and I intend to make use of the best of both worlds.

Edited by Saracen

But Jet Set Games is not the new Westwood, and neither is Petroglyph.

Let's hope it can make games better then EALA and Petroglyph. Who knows what may be in store for them?

There probably won't be a chance that Brett Sperry can return the C&C series, and not possibly the Dune series as well. Besides we don't even know if the Dune series is dead unless either EALA or Petroglyph brings them back.