-
Content count
19 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Everything posted by NewAgeOfPower
-
Hey guys, its been awhile, I'd like some help here
NewAgeOfPower replied to NewAgeOfPower's topic in Red Alert 2 / Yuri's Revenge Maps & Modding
I'm having problems finding the "UTNK ; Prototype flame-tank" in the TS art.ini files. For good measure, i checked the artfs.ini files as well. How would I go about referencing the original RA1 arts? More art = better and more balanced units for all sides : ] -
Hey guys, its been awhile, I'd like some help here
NewAgeOfPower posted a topic in Red Alert 2 / Yuri's Revenge Maps & Modding
I recently bought a copy of the first decade, having given my girlfriend (now my ex) my RA2/YR I used to make crappy maps and mess with INIs, but now I am planning to combine both; a mod map. Yesterday, I tried to make a high bridge. It wasn't functional in game. I read your bridge making guide. My mouse doesn't really drag the bridge pieces, they fall out of alignment. However, when i produce a low bridge, I can assemble it in pieces, and its fully functional, along with bridge repair huts. I will need to be able to strip TS stuff and put it in the mod map. I know this is possible, having memories of playing maps with a Mammoth M2 walker in it, with the full graphics, although it used the Mayan Pyramid attack instead. I also know its possible to put TS weapons effects into the mod map, I've played mod maps with a Mammoth M2 that used a grizzly tank without a turret but shot the correct rail gun particle animation P.S. My modern machine with modern graphics card and 4g ram runs the game crappily compared to my old Pentium II! I don't know why, but my modern machine lags whenever there is weapons fire and my old machine could stand a battle with thousands of units of every type (I've done that before, in a modified map 1v1 game, 72 hours of battle) -
Hey guys, its been awhile, I'd like some help here
NewAgeOfPower replied to NewAgeOfPower's topic in Red Alert 2 / Yuri's Revenge Maps & Modding
Cool. Added more units to my mod. How would I go about making a Hovering, Teleport/Chrono-move unit? What do I set the locomotor to? Speed type? Been reading some ModEnc, but I'm a little lost here. -
Hey guys, its been awhile, I'd like some help here
NewAgeOfPower replied to NewAgeOfPower's topic in Red Alert 2 / Yuri's Revenge Maps & Modding
Ghoststalker. Cyborg & Cyborg Commando. I find I love the NukeBall animation, but how do I get it to chain into the full nuke animation once NukeBall is done? -
Hey guys, its been awhile, I'd like some help here
NewAgeOfPower replied to NewAgeOfPower's topic in Red Alert 2 / Yuri's Revenge Maps & Modding
Superglue? Multiple fake tiberian crystals? Hmm... what infantry sprite that isn't heavily used would be suitable for a Ghost? Nod Cyborg? CyCommando? Or I should stop dicking around and learn how to import their arts from TS? -
Hey guys, its been awhile, I'd like some help here
NewAgeOfPower replied to NewAgeOfPower's topic in Red Alert 2 / Yuri's Revenge Maps & Modding
It is now March 30th, and I SEE NO NEW Cartoon & Conquer! LIES! Will try out the OS SHP builder. I meant unused infantry images, just like the leftover TS/C&C1/RA1 vehicles.... Another inane question- could it be possible to create a gap generator effect on a vehicle? Without deploying it into a structure, I should clarify. -
Hey guys, its been awhile, I'd like some help here
NewAgeOfPower replied to NewAgeOfPower's topic in Red Alert 2 / Yuri's Revenge Maps & Modding
ITS ALIVE!!! IT ALL WORKS! THANK YOU! DELICIOUS MODIFICATION! And I'm amazed, even after setting pertubation to 0, my current ultramodern quad graphics card rig slows down *slightly* when many railguns are in play... Quick question- any unused infantry art in the files I can use? Also, can you point me to a cameo editing guide? Been looking at Deezire but its quite confusing... -
Hey guys, its been awhile, I'd like some help here
NewAgeOfPower replied to NewAgeOfPower's topic in Red Alert 2 / Yuri's Revenge Maps & Modding
Cool. Thanks. I need a list of all files left over that I can add and reference. Perhaps the reference errors are because I'm using the First Decade? It seems possible, as I played the mod maps many years back under a original YR box edition.... TFD might have sanitized the Art file. -
Hey guys, its been awhile, I'd like some help here
NewAgeOfPower replied to NewAgeOfPower's topic in Red Alert 2 / Yuri's Revenge Maps & Modding
Crashes as soon as unit finishes being built. Came here to re-examine the arguement between you and Nmeth about referencing the image file... I clearly remember playing Vanilla YR, then a mod map with Mammoths and Mammoth M2 envoxeled objects... So I opened up ART.MD in notepad and manually went over every line... no HMEC or 4TNK... How does one reference the image anyways? -
Whats the update schedule on this anyways?
-
Hey guys, its been awhile, I'd like some help here
NewAgeOfPower replied to NewAgeOfPower's topic in Red Alert 2 / Yuri's Revenge Maps & Modding
Okay. Crashes whenever I build EITHER of my new units, using 4TANK and HMEC as new images. How do I upload the TibEd file? -
Hey guys, its been awhile, I'd like some help here
NewAgeOfPower replied to NewAgeOfPower's topic in Red Alert 2 / Yuri's Revenge Maps & Modding
Refound this topic. Going to shut up and reread and test more before wasting anyone elses time. Thanks. -
Red Alert 2/YR Railgun Modding
NewAgeOfPower replied to NewAgeOfPower's topic in TibEd Technical Support
I was envisioning some sort of warhead being carried by a railgun shell which would penetrate multiple opponents/armor before detonating. When velocity of projectile exceeds 3.3 kilometers/second the railgun shell's kinetic energy would be greater than that of a equivalent mass in TNT, but there are higher explosives, non-chemical explosive devices, and antimatter. P.S. Thanks for the quick reply! -
I wanted to make a YR mod, so I've been plumbing the internals of TibEd, and I've created some entries, new weapons, warheads, and projectiles... Ideally, I'd like the railgun particle effect (doing damage as it passes through) and then doing a buttload more damage once it strikes the target, and the warhead should explode in a glorious fashion (I think KSTLEXP animation is quite sick, for the Elite unit) I need a step by step walkthrough or something. This is what I have so far [WEAP001] AmbientDamage=200 Burst=2 IsRailgun=true Damage=200 Range=16 Report=MirageTankAttack ROF=20 Warhead=WAR001 Speed=100 ; Clone of WEAP001 Projectile=PROJ001 [WEAP002] AmbientDamage=200 Burst=4 IsRailgun=true Damage=200 Range=16 Report=MirageTankAttack ROF=20 Warhead=RailshotMk2 Speed=100 ; Clone of InvisibleHigh Projectile=PROJ001 CONTINUED ON NEXT POST [PROJ001] PlaySide01=no PlaySide00=no ; Clone of SerialDefaults ; Clone of InvisibleHigh AA=yes AS=yes Image=MEDUSA SubjectToElevation=yes ; Invisible All Purpose ; Clone of RailShot [WAR001] ;Spread=1 ;Verses=200%,175%,160%,100%,25% Verses=100%,100%,100%,100%,100%,100%,100%,100%,100%,100%,100% Rocker=yes ProneDamage=100% InfDeath=2 ; Ghost's Railgun AnimList=XGRYSML1 CellSpread=1 Wall=yes Wood=yes [RailshotMk2] ;Spread=1 ;Verses=200%,175%,160%,100%,25% Verses=100%,100%,100%,100%,100%,100%,100%,100%,100%,100%,100% Rocker=yes ProneDamage=100% InfDeath=2 ; Ghost's Railgun Wall=yes WallAbsoluteDestroyer=yes CellSpread=2 AnimList=KTSTLEXP Wood=yes Some minor quibbles- I cloned this from Railshot, which ISN'T tagged ghosts railgun... Also, despite me clicking save every 5 seconds, TibEd decided not to save work and lost 5 hours of work (Q_Q) randomly after lagging a bunch. It seems to have saved for now though.
-
Works well as far as I can tell.
-
Hey guys, its been awhile, I'd like some help here
NewAgeOfPower replied to NewAgeOfPower's topic in Red Alert 2 / Yuri's Revenge Maps & Modding
Wait what what? Can you add art into a map? If not, how did i see maps with the HMEC graphics? I feel confused -
Hey guys, its been awhile, I'd like some help here
NewAgeOfPower replied to NewAgeOfPower's topic in Red Alert 2 / Yuri's Revenge Maps & Modding
Ick! final exam for college winter session approaching! I'll resume testing this Friday or so -
Hey guys, its been awhile, I'd like some help here
NewAgeOfPower replied to NewAgeOfPower's topic in Red Alert 2 / Yuri's Revenge Maps & Modding
Okay, i found TibEd... And no, if i made a unit with image HMEC it crashed the game. Yikes -
Hey guys, its been awhile, I'd like some help here
NewAgeOfPower replied to NewAgeOfPower's topic in Red Alert 2 / Yuri's Revenge Maps & Modding
I am using overlay, but the mouse doesn't really drag it, its like blinking pieces of the bridge down... maybe i should upload one of the testmaps? Interesting, i can't seem to upload, when i close the browse thing it doesn't appear next to it... Oh yea, nmeth, i'd love the list I remember seeing the buggy, recon bike, dship, mammoth original, M2, in a mod map in vanilla RA2 If the art does not exist in plain old RA2, there's no way to put it into a mod map?
