Sign in to follow this  
joeb2000

Why

Why does Generals have to be patched in order to run a mod on zero hour? I did it but just am curious as to why had to.

No idea, the patch for Generals to add it in was out for ages...

Then again, for me the -mod switch appeared to work without problem in ZH 1.0... so I never really understood the need. But I guess it's needed or otherwise they wouldn't say it in the readme.

Actually i meant why did tibed make me do it? It wouldnt even export a mod untill i patched generals.

Guest Spydr331

could you PLEASE the next time you post a topic put the topic of what you are going to talk about in the title? there are too many titles that are just "why" "how do i" "what the heck?!" and its very confusing.... JUST A SUGGESTION/PLEA

I was going to ask a few questions but it ended up as just that one. Plus I dont think the subject needs to be the question, it is the subject of the discussion. That is "why", the question is the rest. I think it would have been stupid to put the question as the subject and left the text area blank.

I will however think about what you said and add a more elaborate subject line next time.

You'll have to do some more explaining, because I don't understand the question. Does TibEd work or not?

Yes tibed works now, I was just curious as to why it made me update generals for a mod in zero hour. Where as none of the other versions made me update.

Zero Hour uses files from Generals as well, and the Zero Hour installation should update your game to 1.6... but I guess in your case it hasn't done that, so it requires you to do that. Somehow you slipped through that update in the ZH install, but Mod Selector is more strict.