Gromit

My Custom map, looking for reviews

Hi all, i recently created a map called Fight For Survival. ive uploaded a few place and some are being downloaded but nobody tends to leave feedback or ideas on how i can improve etc etc.

i wonder if any here would please download it, play it and tell me what they think. i personaly like it but thats me:P

Please any help would be great

you can download it here as it isnt up yet on cncnz

http://www.cnclabs.com/maps/redalert3/maps.aspx

Thanks

Marc

Ah great!! Thanks for that. Im looking forward to your opion's

Ill shall keep my eye on this space :P

Edit:

Whats the differance between a multiplayer map and a skirmish map? multiplayer more then 2 players or somthing?

Edited by Gromit

The map's gameplay seems great, the sides are balanced and strategy is just interesting- well made. the only thing is detail. the huge gaping space used for bases could be you know... spruced up. Also, try using the cliff system we have. also some ramps have a line of rock texture left over from the rock face. it just needs sprucing up. also some variation in the sand texture on the plateaus would be great.

The map's gameplay seems great, the sides are balanced and strategy is just interesting- well made. the only thing is detail. the huge gaping space used for bases could be you know... spruced up. Also, try using the cliff system we have. also some ramps have a line of rock texture left over from the rock face. it just needs sprucing up. also some variation in the sand texture on the plateaus would be great.

Ok i was thinking it was abit bare, i was going to break it up with trees but the tree function doesnt seem to work. None of the options in the drop down box appear. ill have a go at it and see what i can come up with.

Whats the differance between a multiplayer map and a skirmish map? multiplayer more then 2 players or somthing?

Maps can be set up without AI (unless this changed since the C&C Generals Worldbuilder days). I just needed something on that page to indicate if its skirmish compatible or not.

If you update your map upload the new version and send me an e-mail or PM here on the forums and I'll update it on the main site.

Maps can be set up without AI (unless this changed since the C&C Generals Worldbuilder days). I just needed something on that page to indicate if its skirmish compatible or not.

If you update your map upload the new version and send me an e-mail or PM here on the forums and I'll update it on the main site.

Alright great!

Im looking to add the detail to the two main islands, But the tree option doesnt work for me anyone know why? Also what else is there that could be added as Detail? like rocks etc?

Gromit, e-mail me at [email protected] , I want to help you with this map.

Ok sounds good, what r u suggesting? have u got msn or some other instant messager might be easyer

Finnished the update, here are a few screenies....

Ganjena.2009.01.13.13.10.00.jpg

Ganjena.2009.01.13.13.10.31.jpg

Ganjena.2009.01.13.13.10.58.jpg

Ganjena.2009.01.13.13.11.24.jpg

I think it improves on the last one alot more. Let me know what you guys think :)

You did a much better job, but you still need to clean up some textures like the rock texture at the land bridges. try to use the cliff tools i told you about.

Gromit I just tried your map. Great stuff. I really liked the invincible neutral buildings, adds a nice flavour.

When I played the map, the view setting is really close, and I also get graphical errors for the tiles. I get a mix of like 8 different squares in a patchwork fashion.

I tried different GFX settings (Ultra down to Low) but to no avail. Is it my setup or the map's?