Gben

Campaign Bug?

I'm just wondering if anyone else has noticed any problems with the mission loading sequence.

It's happened twice on the soviet campaign, I finish the mission, it gives the victory screen, the stats, then it replays the intro mission fmv for the mission just completed, and it wants me to redo the mission.

I think it happened on Mission 2 but I wasn't really paying attention, so I'm not sure which actual mission it was.

But after Mission 4 (Destroying the Psionic device) it reverts back to intro mission briefing for sure.

When it happened the first time, I was able to go to the chapters section of the campaign, and just load up the next mission in the batch. But after the 4th mission the chapters list has been reset back to the first mission only. Luckilly I have a game save within the 4th mission, so I can at least redo the mission...

Has anyone else had this problem? I've been avoiding most forums to be spared any spoilers.

(I'll have to check Johnny's site next I guess.)

Hasn't happened to me.

Also the 4th Soviet mission is the last in the campaign.

Hmm I was wondering if that *was* the last mission, the bug makes kinda sense in that case (reset chapter list), besides the plot sorted ended in a way that made me think it was the end.

Was there some sort of end campaign fmv?

(4 missions is kinda short, but it makes me glad I played on hard, and each took me an hour plus to complete. More value for money!)

Yes there is an ending FMV for all 4 campaigns.

Well it's def a bug. I reload my mission save, completed the game and it shows European president having a whinge, then stats and then replays the intro mission. I escape, then restart the mission. The extra hassle is that because the mission list has been reset, I also *have* to redo the 1st soviet mission in order to do the allies or empire campaigns.

I haven't looked to see if anyone else is having the problem yet. I'll do that before reinstalling.

I wonder if they're patch the game... I don't think they will, there are only a few "gameplay" issues that I would consider problems, but aside from that, I haven't seen that many big problems...

That being said the airfields are still buggy as hell.. :s

I had a brief search at the official forums, and the bug database. Nothing has turned up so far. I'll just try a reinstall and see if it solves it. I was wondering about patches too. I guess if uprising has 1.08 balance patches, uprising may benefit from a 1.09 patch and minor bug fixes...

But without mp it's unlikely to be a high priority.