Sign in to follow this  
Guest NONAME4004

ANNOYING ERROR IN TIBED 13

Guest NONAME4004

After I edited my mod and i Exported it i used the mod selector to play it but when the GeneralsZH box comes up when its about to run the game (like it usualy does), an error comes up saying "You have encountered a serious error. Serious errors can be caused by many things including viruses, overheatedd hardware and hardware that does not meet the monimum specifications for the game. Please visit the forums at www.generals.ea.com for suggested courses of action or consult your technical support contact information." now i defenatly know there are no viruses, overheated hardware or anything it said because i checked and also the game runed with other peoples mods just fine before...any help/suggestions about this error and how i can get my mod to work?

You made a change in your mod which causes the game to crash. This can be a lot. Like an unused part of a unit or something else.

Also you may have changed a value to far out of its range. But that is because you changed something that shouldnt have been changed, it is not about your hardware or virus'. That message is just what they(EA Games) would assume would change a value that is not meant to be changed.

If you look for a file called ReleaseCrashInfo.txt in your "Command & Conquer Generals Data" folder (somewhere inside your profile... in Documents and Settings), it will state a clearer error message about why the game crashed.

Guest MCDASH123

I have tried everything as well. I only made the slightest changes and the most basic mod which enables China to build walls (because i'm mainly a china player). I can only use Tibed once before the serious error comes up. Also I can't seem to find ReleaseCrashInfo.txt. Any suggestions?

I asked this question twice already and this guy gets answers. I have the same problem, but I learn how to sort of get around it. I got to reopen and open my last save file before I made the change that I did that caused this problem. I'm very cautious now when editing generals. From what I know so far, this error comes randomly. (It came once when I made a single change to the pathfinder and another when I increase the damage of teh nuke cannon weapon.) It's possible in theory that the generals tib ed has a certain limit on how many things that can be changed, such as ra2 tibed where you can only create a certain amount of new units.