Malevolence Polls! (C&C4 Mastodon)

C&C4 Mastodon. Do you like it?  

13 members have voted

1. 1. C&C4 Mastodon. Do you like it?

• Yes!!! :D
    • Average. Needs some improvement
    • Crap. :(
    • Mammoth Tanks FTW!

Mammoth Mk II is back in C&C4, this time with a new name and a redesign. You've seen it some time back. And you've seen the new high quality concept art. What do you think. Cast your vote, and if possible, explain yourself. Let the polls begin!

Tiberian Sun

thumb_heavy.jpg thumb_mkii.jpg

C&C4

thumb_concept10.jpg

i like the design, its very faithful to the original mammoth mk 2 but its got some improvements which make it better.

I hate it at first, but now I like it when you showed me the pictures. And yes, it's MMII with a better name instead.

Yeah, but I do miss the rail gun weapon. I just hope the gameplay will show something since I remember it has 3 primary weapons since TS has, it has a rail gun, machine gun (Not in TS gameplay, but the CGI does) & an anti-air missile launcher.

i will be seriously surprised if anyone votes crap lol

You'll be surprise. I believe there are a couple of folks hating the Mammoth Mk II as they hate the idea of AT-AT ripoff and simply anti-mechs nuts, and some simply believed the classic style mammoth tanks are better and more realistic than a four legged behemoth. For that I open the option with "Mammoth Tanks FTW" to split these folks up. I just want to know what everyone thinks down here.

ah, i guess im just very much a mech junkie, though it would be cool to see both Mammoth tanks and Mastodons on the battlefield together

Copy-Paste from the DEN:

Not convinced at its ability to balance, much less move. There's just no visible mechanics in the legs or feet for any lateral movement or rotation; just forward and backwards.

Admittedly the TS MKII suffered from the same joint problem. They only have one degree of movement freedom, but at least it had some stabilizers on the feet to partially compensate.

Is that chin turret an energy cannon of some sort? I ask because it has zero storage space for any ammunition that will fit that caliber of barrel and its connection to the hull is tenuous at best. No way any belt feed can come down from the hull through that connection.

However I do like that there is at least some wear and tear on it (notably the rust stains). At least they're paying *some* attention to the state of the world.

Lol its just a concept art, it will look slightly different ingame, as seen on some of the screenshots, which will subject to changes yet again. Who knows. Yea thanks for pointing the movement issue up, I'm very curious to see how the Mastodon is going to move at a different direction?

i wonder if you can upgrade the mastodon with railguns :D

looks purty. A few little tweaks for art. they can call it whatever they want. end result better be worth it.