Sign in to follow this  
Ascent

Tibedit 2 beta 5f

I am running Windows vista and have installed C and C the first Decade. I am trying to edit Command and Conquer the first game so I installed Tibedit 2 and the only options I see in the window to edit are C&C3 and the two generals. Now granted this is the first time ever I use Tibedit at all and so no clue even which folder I was supposed to install tib edit...ie doe it need to be in the first decade folder or in the EA folder at least or can it be installed anywhere?

Little help would ....help hehe thanks sorry for maybe what is a newb question just trying to find out how to edit C&C 95 I think it is called.

Hmm I just saw the beta was released a year ago and these forums seem pretty dead is it being supported anymore?

TibEd 1 is for editing C&C95-Yuri's Revenge. TibEd 2 is for Generals and stuff. TibEd can be installed in its default directory.

Well I see two versions out ther 1.64 I think it was and 1.7 both work or recoment latest? and can Tibed 1 and 2 be both installed at the same time?

Ok I installed 1.7 and open it up and here is what happens first when I hit preferences it freezes so have to close it...started it up again and when I hit ok it starts loading something gets to 20% askes for the file name (chose C and C 95 btw) or the file path so I gave it to it and then it gives me error Runtime error 75 Path/file access error.

Now when I click ok does not even give me option to choose file just gives me that error.

Edited by Ascent

Guess Koen will have to help you with that. He comes by from time to time, but you may have to be a little patient, especially since he just went to CommandCom and might be busy with other things right now.

hmm kk. you know any easy way to edit my money in game like a save game edit? cant even find the save games. I mean I can't wait to actually be able to edit a tone of different things but right now I am trying to play through all the missions of The first decade and believe it or not I am stuck on a few missions on C&C95. I would love to just cheat past them cause I am just trying to get the background story and enjoy playing them a bit and not in the mood to complicate myself. Problem I am having is that not sure where the Save game files are and since C&C95 is so old I am not finding any simple money cheats that would allow me to beat the game. Even C&Cedit will not work with Vista lol so thought maybe if I find the save game files I would be able to find money and hack them. Any suggestions?

Edited by Ascent

Never edited C&C95 myself...

Yes, there's TibEd 1.7 for the classic games and TibEd 2 for the newer games. 1.64 and 1.7 are almost the same, except that 1.7 is freeware while 1.64 is shareware.

Debugging TibEd 1.x on Vista is... really annoying. I don't know why it crashes sometimes. The error you have looks like it cannot write in a location it should be able to. Wait... probably the TibEd 1 backup folder is not writeable because it is in Program Files. That'll only affect the C&C95 editor. You could go to the Tibed folder and change the permissions on it to "writeable for everyone".