Sonic

All New Red Alert: A Path Beyond Dev Blog

The very latest Red Alert: A Path Beyond Dev Blog has been posted. This update covers our special ModDB Awards - Red Alert: A Path Beyond Interview, the all new stats system, all important code updates and because everyone likes screen shots, you can check out the progress that has been made on the graphical updates. Previewed below are the Zama and Bonzai maps.

post161266312836.jpg post161266312855.jpg

Click here for the Red Alert: A Path Beyond Dev Blog.

I really wish that one day this game shall be ported into the Unreal Engine 3, even though it's an indie game after all. :rolleyes:

I remember seeing news a few years back about the then "Renegade Alert" was changing over to the Source Engine, this was about 2005 I think. The idea died and W3D project was restarted.

Just play Renegade X for your UE3 engine fix. APB has some cool stuff going despite being based in older engine. I played a quick game last night and had a blast! My only gripe is that I can't set 1680 x 1050 as my resolution, which is native for a 22" screen.

From memory that was ACK's idea, and CJ took the initiative and worked on W3D as a side project.. before staff changed and the game refocussed (for the better).

Oh course that's all from memory.

And as stated in the interview, it's always possible that they could move to a different engine in the future (once thet feel the finished the W3D version).

I remember seeing news a few years back about the then "Renegade Alert" was changing over to the Source Engine, this was about 2005 I think. The idea died and W3D project was restarted.

Just play Renegade X for your UE3 engine fix. APB has some cool stuff going despite being based in older engine. I played a quick game last night and had a blast! My only gripe is that I can't set 1680 x 1050 as my resolution, which is native for a 22" screen.

Gben's correct with his history. Moving to Source, then Battlefield 2, was a huge trauma for the project looking back. It set us back at least a year and halted serious production efforts and nearly ended us. If we do move to a newer sleeker friendlier engine, I want to see it done right.

Anyways, as you can see by the shots, support for large monitors is coming. Also re-implemented shader support and support for multi-button gaming mice, because a lot of people have an interest in using them since they've upgraded their equipment since the earlier releases :)

Here is an extra video that did not quite make it in time for the blog, captured during testing early in the week.

You might want to turn down your sound, as the input got garbled and amplified a little bit so the engine noise is distorted.

Heh... the only word to describe this is... HECTIC!

Yeah we wanted the battles to feel more chaotic, more action-y. Hearing you call it hectic is a good sign for those efforts paying off.

Anyways, as you can see by the shots, support for large monitors is coming. Also re-implemented shader support and support for multi-button gaming mice, because a lot of people have an interest in using them since they've upgraded their equipment since the earlier releases :)

Is there is some sort quick fix or work around until more support is added?