Sign in to follow this  
Gben

C&C4 Beta - Ranking Impressions

Hey guys, wondering what you think of xp required to level up and the general experience of the 'role-play' aspects of the game?

I've only made it to level 10, I can barely squeeze a single game a day. But the progression seems a bit naff. I'm basically levelling up after every 1-2 games, but it doesn't seem meaningful. The progression seems to easy, straightforward or automatic. Perhaps the higher levels require a bigger gap, but I don't feel like I'm *earning* my level ups. I don't play hardly anything online with a ranking mechanic other than APB... for every rank I achieve I feel like I've earned it.

I would prefer a more hardcore upgrade path too:-

- xp restricted to the class used to earn it... 10mins per offence.... 5mins per support.... 12mins defence. It makes no sense to me that your xp works across all factions.

- I would also like to see some choice in the unlocks path, just like in game... pick your unit... save for level up... take the upgrade

Although it's nice to see what rank of technology is unlocked in the mp screen, it would be nice to see other info... win/loss ratio... preferred factions... preferred units... etc

But what do you think about the whole upgrade component of C&C4?

Perhaps the higher levels require a bigger gap, but I don't feel like I'm *earning* my level ups.

They said every level is the same requirement...

Guest Stevie_K
They said every level is the same requirement...

Sounds somewhat boring to me.