Sign in to follow this  
Soon2BeLegend

Make AI More Difficult

how do you make the AI a lot more difficult? i have a map where the AI never stops sending tanks, infantry and kirovs and i want my map to be as difficult as that map and i dont know how. can someone post a code i can paste into a notepad that would do this? that would be greatly appreciated! :thumbsup:

Making the AI harder is a long process, but there are a few quick codes you can use that might help make them a little bit less easy.

[AI]

PowerSurplus=150 ; Improves defense

[General]

AISafeDistance=25 ; Improves offense

TeamDelays=200,250,350 ; Improves offense

MinimumAIDefensiveTeams=5,4,3 ; Improves defense

MaximumAIDefensiveTeams=7,6,5 ; Improves defense

You can also increase these to increase AI's (free, cheating) money, but I don't recommend it unless there are no spies.

MultiplayerAICM=

AIVirtualPurifiers=

The AI needs that 'cheating' money to be difficult, otherwise it runs out and does nothing. Then it's just piss easy to defeat, which is no fun and has no challenge. I would also recommend using lower values for TeamDelays (lower than what Nmenth noted) and AIHateDelays. Also, increase DissolveUnfilledTeamDelay in case the AI is using high priced task forces. Pop the TotalAITeamCap up a little ways, but no more than 75 though.

Don't do much with the defensive teams unless you want the Soviet AI to **** on itself and do sweet **** all. They only have one defense team and if you set that to more than 1, it will do nothing because it is unable to fulfill the defensive requirement. I also recommend setting UseMinDefenseRule to no. That way, you should still be able to increase the defense team counts without ****ing the Soviet AI. Of course, you could just add teams to the AI file.

There are other things I do, but they involve the AI file, which is a whole new can of worms that I won't dive into. It's a wild beast of its own...

No, I will not spoon feed code. Don't be lazy.

The AI needs that 'cheating' money to be difficult, otherwise it runs out and does nothing.

Well of course they need some of it, I was saying not to increase it over the default too much because then you get infinite money from one spy infiltration.

That's why having a good AI is vital. Even with the massive income, victory is not assured. At least, that's how I get my AI to roll.