Sign in to follow this  
Guest karmakazi420

Administrator account issues cant solve in XP

Guest karmakazi420

Im having problems starting the game it says i need "Administrator"

privlidges... The account i was logged in on was the admin account.... I have since tried everything i can think of to no avail.

I have a 2GHz p4, 256mb ram, plenty of virtual memory set aside, running win xp, good graphics card cant remember exact make, an ATI though.

I've uninstalled and reinstalled, downloaded and applied the 1.7 patch, created a new admin account to use with it, and looked all over the place on forums/websites/etc. None of the ideas seem to work for me... maybe im just slow or something. Im getting fairly frustrated, so please if you could help me, i would GREATLY appreciate it :)

thanks in advance

Guest karmakazi420

cant anyone help????? im about to return this piece of $hit game

Are you sure you have all the latest updates for Windows, perhaps you need to look for a hotfix?

Have you contacted EA Tech Support about the issue?

Have you tried re-installing the game?

Completly remove Generals then re-install it using a Windows XP admin account. Also make sure your your Windows XP admin account user name is something unique and not something generic like Admin. Use your real name or something similar.

how about going into your administrator settings, or better yet, disable them alltogether cause they screwed up my dads computer (his and my desktops are linked and theres nothing we can do to fix it)

Create another administrator-class account under a different name and see if it works.