Typhoon4545

Network closes when clicked

Look, I'm really sorry if anyone has previously posted this problem, but here goes. Running Windows 7, I have installed patches for TFD (including unofficial). I like to play LAN, connected to two XP computers. On this computer, I can open up RA, play all of the missions, skirmishes, etc. The only problem is "Network" games. Even then, not really. Whenever I click the icon, the game simply closes the menu. This is annoying, if just because the other two computers work fine with the same version of the patch. Can anyone give me a hand? Or simply redirect me to a place where the answer has already been posted? I would really appreciate it, this game is an old fave!

What version of RA are you playing? The version should be stated in the main menu. For version 3.03 download this DLL and place it in the RA folders on all the computers.

W7 doesn't have the necessary network protocols to play via LAN.

Only if you use the default network DLL which uses the IPX protocol, using the LAN patch which makes the game use UDP you can play LAN on Windows 7.

OK, the problem seems to have circumvented itself. For some reason, leaving my computer off through the night fixed the problem? I had already tried restarting, but I'm not going to question this - don't tempt fate, eh?