Sign in to follow this  
Storm

Fixes from TFD Patch for German

hello,

is it possible from the following games to make the changes for the German version or at least partially? I have all games orginal.

- Red Alert

- Red Alert 2 & Yuris Revenge

- Tiberian Sun & Firestorm

Thanks for any help. Sorry for my bad english. I'm german. ;)

By the way, great work!

Hm, I think the only thing done with those was replacing the exe with a cracked version of the original exe... but I don't know how well that would work on the German TFD; when fixing the C&C1 and RA1 stuff in it I noticed that the German versions are sometimes vastly different than the English ones.

Well, the NoCD of the 2.03 patch of the English version works on the German 2.03 too... but I don't know if the German version also requires the movies fixes. (the FS movies being inside movies01.mix instead of movies03.mix, and the intro.vqa files for GDI and Nod being renamed to intr0.vqa and intr1.vqa)

As for RA2/YR, not a clue, as I said, I'm guessing it's just the nocd.

For RA1 though, I think pretty much all fixes you need are incorporated in my new patch 3.03 installer.

http://www.cnc-comm.com/community/index.ph...sa=view;down=45

This contains TFD support, meaning that installing on TFD will automatically install a nocd-hacked version of the main program file (RA95.dat).

I'm not sure it'll work correctly for the German version though... is the registry for German TFD also located at this key?

HKLM\Software\Electronic Arts\EA Games\Command and Conquer The First Decade

I have seen now with the patch and so on. Good work!

TFD.. yes it is in the registry key locate. But with "Die Ersten 10 Jahre".

So it's "Software\Electronic Arts\EA Games\Command and Conquer Die Ersten 10 Jahre"?

Hm, then I have to update the 3.03 patch, since it won't automatically identify it as TFD in that case. Though you can still install it; you just have to make sure to enable both expansions then. The expansion options simply don't appear in TFD mode, since they always need to be enabled for it.

On a related note... the default folder for German TFD RA1 is

(program files)\EA Games\Command & Conquer Die ersten 10 Jahre\Command & Conquer Red Alert

Right?

I have reinstalled to say all that exactly. Because i have programmed a portable.

The registry key is correct. There are two keys.

1.SOFTWARE\Electronic Arts\Command & Conquer Die ersten 10 Jahre (With the sub key/folder "1.00.0000". I think rather unimportant.)

2.SOFTWARE\Electronic Arts\EA Games\Command and Conquer The First Decade

"Locale"="de"

"or_ready"=" "

"co_args"=" "

"InstallFolder"="C:\\Programme\\EA Games\\Command & Conquer Die ersten 10 Jahre"

"ra_args"="-cd."

"ra_executable"="RA95.exe"

"ra_folder"="C:\\Programme\\EA Games\\Command & Conquer Die ersten 10 Jahre\\Command & Conquer Red Alert"

So the key in the patch is correct and detect the folder/game correctly. Only "red alert main.mix cleanup" need to be adapted for the german main.mix.

Edited by Storm

Hm... so it IS the same as the English version then. I need #2, since that one holds the game paths.

I check if the game being patched is TFD by checking if the path you choose in the installer is the same as the path stored in the TFD RA registry.

[edit]

Well, the version on my site is updated. I fixed a few errors in the German TFD detecting code of the installer.

The main.mix cleanup is impossible for me to do without actually HAVING the German TFD main.mix though. But if I remember correctly, the German version simply didn't have many of the problems the English version had, like the forgotten expansion music.

Oh, also note, RA 3.03 simply ISN'T portable. Without the Aftermath and Counterstrike registry keys (in the RA key under "HKLM/Software/Westwood"), it will not show the new missions for the expansions.

RA Portable. Yes i know, i have the registry keys. Works perfectly. :)

Eh, doesn't "portable" normally mean you can put it on a USB memory stick and it'll work anywhere you plug it in?

Yes right. It is not directly portable. You run only one exe file (Add all necessary registration entries and so on). Then start the game over the created shortcut on desktop. With an other exe all will be easy removed. Make this with all games, is my own work. Game install by long setup, do not know I anymore. :)

Edited by Storm

You do know this kind of stuff doesn't work on modern Windows versions (Vista, W7) because of user right issues, right? You'd have to have the admin password of the PC to make such registry changes.

I know. User right issue, no. Only need "Run as admin - admin permission" and all works perfectly. Friends have tested this already several times and use games with the method.

Edited by Storm

That won't help if you want a portable version to run on school or library PCs though :P

This is right. Also is rather for that who wants to put his games into archives/hdd without having to instal largely. Everything remains fully functional.