Sign in to follow this  
Guest Webbster

C&C Renegade loadable on an NTFS partition in XP Pro ?

Guest Webbster

I have attempted loading C&C Renegade as well as Tiberian Sun on to a 80GB HD with 77GB free. Have NTFS in XP Pro. But so far I have been unsuccessful during install the software can't see the drive. Is there a patch for this problem? Renegade says it is compatable with XP but is this only formated as FAT? I have been looking for a patch for a few days and have been unsuccessful. Any ideas from anyone would be greatly apprieciated. Thanks in advance.

Webbster.

Guest Kravvitz

I don't know if you can install it on anNTFS partition, but you might try re-partitioning your hard drive so that it has a NTFS partition and a FAT32 partition.

IIRC, there is a utility built into WinXP to do this, but I forget what it's called.

I have Windows XP using NTFS as my file system, Renegade installed, loads and plays just fine. Renegade supports what ever file system your using in Windows. There are no patches for Renegade to change this.

There must something else on your computer causing the installation to fail.

I have attempted loading C&C Renegade as well as Tiberian Sun on to a 80GB HD with 77GB free. Have NTFS in XP Pro. But so far I have been unsuccessful during install the software can't see the drive. Is there a patch for this problem? Renegade says it is compatable with XP but is this only formated as FAT? I have been looking for a patch for a few days and have been unsuccessful. Any ideas from anyone would be greatly apprieciated. Thanks in advance.

Webbster.

OK, this might sound a bit strange, but if Renegade setup still uses 'oldstyle' folder boxes with a drive list dropdown: wait a little bit after you open that dropdown. It takes some time for all the options to get listed if you have network drives.

Or perhaps: just enter the name and path of your drive manually and hit OK then, the setup will be forced to try it?

Guest Kravvitz
I have Windows XP using NTFS as my file system, Renegade installed, loads and plays just fine. Renegade supports what ever file system your using in Windows. There are no patches for Renegade to change this.

There must something else on your computer causing the installation to fail.

ok, I don't have much experieince with NTFS, so I didn't know if it could cause install problems, thank you for enlightening me. :)

OK, this might sound a bit strange, but if Renegade setup still uses 'oldstyle' folder boxes with a drive list dropdown: wait a little bit after you open that dropdown. It takes some time for all the options to get listed if you have network drives.

Or perhaps: just enter the name and path of your drive manually and hit OK then, the setup will be forced to try it?

also sometimes it takes awhile for the computer to query (look for) CD-ROM drives as well.

Guest HunterKiller

Webbster.

it installed and played with me... i use XP Pro NTFS file system HD and it plays well

Guest growndzro

what is an ntsf file system? if someone would be so kind as to clue me in.

NTFS is the file system of a partition: the way information in folders is stored (about filenames and file sizes). FAT32 is a different (older) way to do this.