trunkskgb

How to play C&C 95 on a 64 bit OS

okay, I'm having problems with this. I do step one and download the game and install. step two is irrelevant since I don't have the disks. step 3, I download 1.06c (second one down as instructed) and save it to my desk top. I open it and the computer gives me a metric **** ton of options to open it with (most are obviously useless like wordpad exc...) I did used word hoping to find some info besides the usual computer goblldy gook, and the first sentence says "this program must be run under win32" im guessing since im running 64 im screwed. this doesn't make sense to me because the whole point of downloading all this is to play it on a 64bit system. any help???

I think the file extension must have somehow changed when you downloaded...whatever you downloaded.

I suggest you download this:

http://www.moddb.com/mods/command-conquer-unofficial-patch-106/downloads/cc95-v106c-revision-3-full-game-installer

and this for the videos:

http://www.moddb.com/mods/command-conquer-unofficial-patch-106/downloads/command-conquer-english-videos-base-pack

The solutions presented early in this topic are old and there's no need to download 1.06b then patch to 1.06c anymore as 1.06c rev3 is in the full download already.

(By the way "this program must be run under win32" simply means that it is a 32-bit Windows program that can't be run under DOS or a 16-bit version of Windows (like Win 3.11). 32-bit applications run just fine on 64-bit versions of Windows)

I updated that old post now.