Sign in to follow this  
chillin

ZH world builder wont open!

when i got ZH all that time ago never have i been able to get the world builder to open properly. it goes through the whole loading process but then it stops and tells me it cant open, that little speech bubble comes up and says low virtual memory and says its going to expand it which from what i no it has never done.

i have had this problem in the past with generals world builder but Sonic fixed that by telling me to delete these .ini files that are created in the my doc folder, once it got to three it wouldnt open, but that solution doesnt work this time

if i can run the game why cant this thing work? i no its not an actual EA product but i no it does work i jus tneed to get my pc to run it :(

cheers for any help

Bring up task manager and close anything that isn't essential (to reduce memory usage)

What specs do you have?

How much free space is there on your hard drive?

Repair Generals & Zero Hour to see if that fixes it.

1.7 Ghz

128 RD Ram equivelent to 256 SD (aparently the normal type)

40GB hard drive of which 6 is free

my pc is pretty messed up though

i bust my boot.ini file and so my original account to which everything is registered is corrupted so i casnt use it so everything is crazy

getting it formatted soon though so might work better then when the amount of processes is a bit leaner

its just odd how with the generals one, deleting three log files that were created after using it made it work the next time, sonic somehow found that so was hoping there was another quick fix

Well ideally you should boost your RAM to at least 512Mb.

My website computer (that I use for CnCWorld and CNC Community) has 256Mb SD RAM.

My gaming computer has 512Mb DDR RAM (I expect I'll be upgrading that in about a year).

I think that formatting your computer is the best thing to do as it does sound pretty screwed up.

128 RD Ram equivelent to 256 SD (aparently the normal type)

That's rubbish, the more Ram the better, no matter what type your system uses. Who ever told you that should be slapped :roll:

I agree with chickendippers, formatting and re-installing Windows sounds like the best option.

yeh i'm going to already, not cos of the game, i never do stuff for games, just cos it desperatly needs to be done.

RD ram is apparently designed differently so that it works better that SD and thats what i was told, i am getting ram, its quite cheap at the mo in UK

thanks