Sign in to follow this  
RainXc

Interview with EVA Voice Actress - Kia Huntzinger

Just recently, The Gaming Liberty.com posted an interview with Kia Huntzinger, the voice of EVA in the classic Command & Conquer games. Kia worked at Westwood Studios for 10 years. Here's a sample.

YxZtS.jpg

Retroplayer: How did you land your role as EVA in C&C?

Kia: I was working at Westwood at the time. One day Paul Mudra, the head of Audio, asked me to record some placeholder lines for C&C. We often used Westwood employees as placeholder audio during the game development process. Paul took me back to a very small room in the audio building -- I believe it was actually a closet that had been soundproofed. There was barely enough room for me and the microphone. We recorded a bunch of lines and luckily the team liked my voice and asked me to be the voice of EVA for the final product.

Retroplayer: Take us through a typical day of the recording process during the original C&C, Kia.

Kia: Since I was working at the time I didn’t really get to participate in the daylong sessions. During the original C&C we had an off-campus studio that we used to shoot some of the video. For example, the video of my mouth that the player sees during the installation process of C&C was shot over in our tiny studio. Other video was shot on location.

Over the years the process morphed into something very lengthy, costly and intricate, but it helped set C&C apart from other games.

You can read the full interview here.

Hey, two cool interviews.

A good read.