Sign in to follow this  
Rittmeister64

Rittmeister64's questions

Rittmeister64: I split this off from the thread you posted this in. Do NOT use completely unrelated threads to ask your questions in.

These questions actually belong in the development topic, and if you bothered to read the changes list in the first post of the development topic, you'd already know the answers to most of these questions anyway. Sticky threads exist for a reason.

-Nyerguds

hi guys!

is it possible to set the res to 800x600 somewhere?

I can hardly distinguish between various soldier type in 1024x768, 640 sucks too.

ccsetup.exe only offers 640x400, 640x480 and 1024x768.

Map scrolling is way too fast in 640 - even at the lowest speed setting.

Also, I guess it's now normal that my whole windows7 totally freezes up and needs rebooting,

when I try to load a savegame that was made in a different resolution than is currently active.

Also, not so important, but do you think the movie colors can be fixed in the future? It looks really ugly.

thanks, great job to allow me play CnC on Windows 7.

I use The First Decade with the TFD patch.

800x600 will be available in the next patch.

These questions not only belongs in, but are also already answered in the sticky development topic. You should NOT hijack a completely unrelated thread for that.

But I'll humour you...

-In the currently available version (1.06c-r1), You CAN'T load savegames from a different resolution unless you manually rename them. Hi-res saves its games as SAVEG_HI.???, where low-res keeps using the normal SAVEGAME.??? filenames.

-If you do rename them like that, loading them should just mess up the sidebar, making you unable to build anything because the icons aren't drawn on. It shouldn't cause crashes.

-Both the game freezes and colour issues are solved by adding the CnC-DDraw addon dll, which will be built into the next version. There's a link to cnc-ddraw on the website.

-The scrolling issue is usually fixed by enabling the Back Buffer option in the CCsetup tool. CnC-DDraw requires this to be enabled anyway, so the option will simply always be on, and won't be shown in the setup tool in the next version unless you disable cnc-ddraw completely.

-The game will support any resolution you could want, but resolutions higher than 1024x768 are not advised since A. the sidebar graphics are only 768 pixels long, and B. even the largest C&C maps are only about 1400 pixels wide, and using a larger resolution than the map's size is known to cause the radar minimap to crash the game.

-You will be able to load savegames from any resolution, in any other resolution. The only remaining small error with that is that if the savegame is from a different width, and has no sidebar opened, it'll refresh some game elements incorrectly until you have opened the sidebar at least once.

-The installer of 1.06c revision 2 will automatically try to rename all SAVEG_HI.??? files back to SAVEGAME.???, since that's the only savegame name format that will still be used.

thanks for the nice informative answers, sorry for hijacking that thread - I was probably half asleep.

The next patch sounds great. thanks for your work!