Sign in to follow this  
PurpleGaga27

Lagging issues on Plants vs Zombies Adventures

Yea, this is frustrating, especially for a user with a 1 MBps DSL bandwidth, and I have been having this issue for quite some time. No matter if I use Firefox or Chrome with Flash Player enabled (regardless of version plus using the ad-blocking/privacy plugins), I always keep getting pauses or lags while playing that browser game. Yet I have to blame PopCap/EA for not updating the game and pretty soon that game will be dead if support cannot continue just like Tiberium Alliances.

I did try other things. I have updated Flash Player and Java, disabled hardware acceleration on Google Chrome and/or Firefox and Flash Player and even disabled most of the Chrome extensions/plug-ins (except for the necessary ones). I did manage to save as much RAM as I can. However, no matter when I played Brainball, Road Trip or even doing something at my Home mode, I am still getting pauses and lags. With lags, I get low FPS. I found out the lag starts for 3-5 seconds every time you do the zombie attacks on neighbor areas which starts on a pause and comes running back again. However, this browser game still lacks a low graphics mode option.

I am not sure if my ISP, flash player, FB or something else is tracking, because if you play PVZA every day this issue could happen because it may be intentional. Although I did use all my plugins necessary for privacy and blocking ads (both in Chrome and Firefox), I don't see why this doesn't work out well.

I did try posting this in the PopCap forums, but there's no answer because the devs are working hard on their next game and only at least one admin is doing his part there in the forums while the rest of the moderators are MIA.

Edited by zocom7

If it's passing that much data around, your 1 Mbps (not MBps) DSL connection may not be enough. Have you tried running a speed test to see what speed you're getting? Run a pingtest as well to see if your connection is unstable. Though, if it's really choppy, Flash is likely the culprit and there's **** all you can do except possibly throw more hardware at it. Could also completely uninstall Flash then reinstall fresh if it's messed up. If you have Firefox, use BetterPrivacy so you can delete the Flash LSO cookies then recreate them.