Sign in to follow this  
jvm

Wrathed Patcher

Well here is a preview of a project I had in mind some months ago.
In summary it is garbage and brings nothing new. And after the release of wrathed 2.0 it will be completely useless.

With that in mind, as title suggest, I made a binary patcher for cnc3, cncra3 and especially cnc4 sage bin files. It uses the wrathed 1.0 as core (with all the definitions) to do the unhealthy work.
At the moment it is in alpha stage (actually pre-alpha), so it only can patch some bools and percentage values (no references, no relocations, nothing cool).

I made a vid to show how it works:

The results are shown in these videos:

DOWNLOAD LINKS
-Binary
-Source

Finally if there is any credit for this, it goes to the Mighty One. Edited by jvm
  • Upvote 1

I don't know when I'll finish WE2 so it's still a very cool thing ^^

Say Jvmnck, can C&C4 (even the beta version) view all xml coding by now?

Say Jvmnck, can C&C4 (even the beta version) view all xml coding by now?

No. I am sorry, but not even close.

Everytime I make a significant progress with the definitions, I will upload them. As I told when I started cnc4 wrathed definitions:

1) there are none official schematics out there (like cnc3tw or cncra3) --> it is like walking in an endless swamp (give thanks that the mighty one still around, she is my beacon)

2) I am working (very slowly- cuz time reasons) on weapontemplate

3) Once weapontemplate is finished, I will be moving onto gameobject (that could be quite a challenge).

Edited by jvm

Say, Jvm. Did you realize that the WrathEd patcher (including the original WrathEd tool) you gave away publicly doesn't work at all? I am getting an error the first time I load your WrathEd version, and the same error goes on no matter I opened a BIG or manifest file.

3) Once weapontemplate is finished, I will be moving onto gameobject (that could be quite a challenge).

That is something I desperately really need for all C&C4 units that still have animation/tire tread issues in my KW Reloaded mod (but that mod is done and gone for good).

Edited by zocom7

Say, Jvm. Did you realize that the WrathEd patcher (including the original WrathEd tool) you gave away publicly doesn't work at all? I am getting an error the first time I load your WrathEd version, and the same error goes on no matter I opened a BIG or manifest file.

Which error?

Things you could try:

1) Delete WrathEd folder in your Default Documents folder (it only should have a log + achievements + settings)

2) Did you extract all the files from the WrathEdPatcher.7z (it contains 2968 Files + 125 Folders)?

3) All the content goes to in the Tool folder of the Full Original Wrathed. You could:

a ) previously erase all in that folder and then put those 2968 Files + 125 Folders

OR

b ) create a new folder like "Tool_alpha" and put the content there.

Edited by jvm

Well it worked in Windows 7 but not in Windows XP. I have to figure out what went wrong.

Wanted to unofficially state somewhere about some (what I think are) nice changes:

Like the ages ago previously released screenshot showed big content and stream content will now show in a single tree view.

When an asset is clicked on to show its content WrathEd will now look up the streams AllTypesHash and load the corresponding GameDefinition accordingly, no annoying reloads anymore!

post-5646-0-97339900-1434995637_thumb.png

I am hoping for a release update to try it out rather than just seeing one uninteresting image (if only there were multiple images on seeing how you did so far).

There isn't much to the program itself that I can show off, there's a lot of stuff going on but not much with any graphical representation.

I'm currently rewriting from scratch how an asset is loaded from a manifest, which going forward will support the possible options of having a linked stream in a big (the standard and current way), a linked stream outside of a big, and an unlinked stream. I might even do an unlinked stream inside a big, but there's no real point to that.