Sign in to follow this  
Hair

Zero Hour: LAN ISSUES

Can someone please help me? I use CnC The First Decade to play Zero Hour on the LAN. Me and the opponent see each other in the room and can join into the other's game. When we do, I am stuck on the loading screen forever while he goes into the game. 5 seconds into the game, he gets the DISCONNECTION MENU which says that one or more players have been disconnected. All the while I am STILL seeing the loading screen. We have no firewall on while doing this. We are running as administrator. We inserted the CORRECT IP into the options.ini file. We have tried a direct connect.

Please... help me.

Edited by Sonic
removed oversized text

It could be, I'm not sure. How do I change the serial number in the registry? I can check that and if that's the case, I can just change that.

They both use The First Decade.

If one of you installed the 1.03 rev4 unofficial patch, so should the others. If the game found different serials, it would have told you instead of letting you attempt a match and then disconnecting you.

I wonder if you are installing the game on each computer using the same CD Key (serial number)?

If that's the issue than your **** out of luck. You need 2 legal copies of the game, this means 2 different CD Keys.