Sign in to follow this  
D3bl0b

HELP with Pkg, Lvl, and Mix extensions

I downloaded Omaha Final, and it is a pkg file (which means there is probably a lvl file within it).

So i was woundering if u can turn a pkg file, or lvl, into a mix file so i can play it in multiplayer practice by going to the text file and typing

mapname00=C&C_Omaha_final.MIX

or could i do it with a pkg file(or lvl)

please help, ill try doing it with pkg, and see if it has a lvl file

Thanks

I don't think there are any Renegade modders here who know about that stuff. Perhaps if you posted this at http://www.renegadeforums.com you will get more help with this.

Thank you.

Once the pkg file is in your Renegade Data folder you can easily play it without having to convert it... all you have to do is host a non-dedicated server and just have a single player within it (yourself)

Once you've sorted out all the settings go to the maps area and you'll see a drop down menu... any pkg files are displayed there and should include that elusive Omaha map that you're after... once that's selected just click host game and play it like you would a multiplayer practice...

It saves time and the annoying practice of having to convert the file into a .mix and then changing the .ini file to play it..

Hope that helps..

I have a modem so im not always online, if i am ofline it says not connected to lan, and i cant always play the lvl online, cuse somone is on the phone. So it would save me the time to change it to a .mix file.

PS plus i like messing around with this stuff better than being lazy (FUN)