Sign in to follow this  
Egozi44

C&C4 model that don't appear in game..?

So far I imported many units from C&C4 and even few from RA3 (and had a few that already were imported from BFME), I never faced a issue which don't let me see the unit in game if I used the right shader, What even more weirder here is that the model + animations + everything else IS working on the w3xviwer and 3Ds max, I tried many shaders included TW's shader, try to use different xmls just in case the xml was bad, tried to change the ID names just in case the game was coded to ignore them for whatever reason, tried to remake everything in max (but it come out broken after save Duh), even try to mix few parts with the non-beta-state model and it work half right so I didn't put it in the game (But can guess the non-beta model will work... but I don't need it), and Nothing worked so far.

The unit not viewable in WB as well unlike the rest of my moded units,

I had really big plans for this model in it beta state so it really a bummer that it don't want to show up in game, I don't think the model is broken or was made specifically for the C&C4 beta shader.

Can anyone take a look and tell me if he can find something wrong? (P.S I changed the shader back to the default one, So don't "The current shader is the issue" me.)

Edited by Egozi44

Not sure if the beta model has any differences to the final one... but considering the model is fine, I would blame your xml file.

Edited by Stygs

15 minutes ago, Stygs said:

but considering the model is fine, I would blame your xml file.

try to use different xmls just in case the xml was bad

;)

Not sure if the beta model has any differences to the final one...

There's, believe me there's a reason I insist on using the beta one :P

Can you try to test it on TW and see if it works there?

Edited by Egozi44

I dont need to, it works fine in the viewer and the model I use in TWA also works fine.

Pretty sure the model I use also has the ion cannon underneath, so pretty sure it also a beta model.

Again, the error is most likely your xml.

Edited by Stygs

Beta and final both have ion cannon

Beta have different animations, may be worth testing in tw?

Edited by Egozi44

Found the issue, seem like WED was only able to detect this model if it was in Art:Static for some reason...

I had this bug before with sound xmls that had to be sometimes in the mod's static folder and sometimes in MapMetaData_Global folder....

Beat me :o

Edited by Egozi44