Sign in to follow this  
Nmenth

Nmenth's Research Lab: Grenades

NRL-Logo.png

It is the first Monday of June, so it is time for another article from Nmenth's Research Lab. This month, we will explore the Grenades featured throughout Command & Conquer and see how they compare with reality.

A new technology will be explored in Nmenth's Research Lab on the first Monday of every month. Return next month on the 2nd when I take a closer look at Super-Heavy Tanks.

• Upvote 1

Neat. I never knew that disc grenades were a real thing. I didn't even know those were supposed to be discs initially, because the German version of Tiberian Sun sill calls the Disc Thrower a "Grenadier".

Small addition: Once upgrades with scrap once, the Generals Technical gains a grenade launcher.

21 minutes ago, TaxOwlbear said:

Once upgrades with scrap once, the Generals Technical gains a grenade launcher.

Well two points on that. First, are you sure it actually is a grenade launcher? The C&C wiki (not that it is a reliable source) calls it a recoilless gun, which seems fairly logical.

Secondly, I didn't include any vehicle-mounted grenade launchers. Apparently the ZOCOM variant of the Orca fires sonic grenades too. But this article is just supposed to be about the explosive things soldiers lob at each other.

11 minutes ago, Nmenth said:

Well two points on that. First, are you sure it actually is a grenade launcher? The C&C wiki (not that it is a reliable source) calls it a recoilless gun, which seems fairly logical.

Secondly, I didn't include any vehicle-mounted grenade launchers. Apparently the ZOCOM variant of the Orca fires sonic grenades too. But this article is just supposed to be about the explosive things soldiers lob at each other.

No idea, to be honest. It looked like a grenade launcher to me, but I never looked into it.