Sign in to follow this  
Sonic

My WOL Connection Problem - Solved

Some of you may recall a post by me way back in March 2004 about how I could no longer connect to WOL and play Renegade anymore. Here is the thread http://forums.cncnz.com/viewtopic.php?t=977

Well 10 or so months down the track I finally found a solution. I switched to a different ISP. Now it works fine, good ping and not much lag at all.

What it means is that all this time my previous ISP was causing the problem.

For the record I didn't change ISP's because the WOL problem, through out November and December my previous ISP had all sorts of other problems with slow browsing speeds etc. A few days before Christmas I joined a different ISP and now get much faster browser speeds.

So are you still on dial up or gone onto broadband?

Its still on dailup, but since I'm with Orcon now I may change to broadband in a few months. Orcon have some good prices for it.

I use Verizon DSL which is broadband, 25x+ faster than dialup. However, its been plagued by problems like Verizon computer errors, cable problems. I'm still waiting for a guy to come over and fix those cables. For those unaware, Verizon is a large phone company that also offers high speed DSL internet.

before i, i used dialup and my ping was so bad, i kept gettin killed in Renegade. my ping would be around 2000+ with a rare 400-800 at times.

I use Gamespy