Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
IcyBoyNY

Cannot run C&C Renegade after install/ WIN XP

Recommended Posts

Please help,

 

I cant run c&c renegade after I install it. I click on the shortcut and the window comes up "COMMAND AND CONQUER RENEGADE" and after that the game never starts. When I first got it I was able to play but now I cant even open the game !!! The other c&c games work fine. I have red alert 2, tiberian sun, yuris revenge all of them work !!!

 

 

I am using windows xp- video card -" Intel[R] 82845g/GL/GE/PE/GV Graphic Controller"[/b]

Share this post


Link to post

My laptop has that exact same vid card. And Renegade works fine on that. :wink:

Share this post


Link to post
My laptop has that exact same vid card. And Renegade works fine on that. :wink:

It does :shock:

That would have been my guess as to why it wasn't working for IcyBoyNY.

 

IcyBoyNY, my only suggestion at this time would be to make sure you install the latest drivers for your video card. Get them by following this link.

Share this post


Link to post

I did what you told me but I still cant play it. What if I install some other renegade patches? Would that help?

 

Please help, I like this game alot !!!

Share this post


Link to post

Does it give you any error messages?

 

When you said you could play it before was it on the computer your using now or a different one?

If its the same computer have you changed any parts since the last time you installed Renegade?

 

Also, post your full system specs.

Share this post


Link to post

Hi,

 

I see it has been a while since this topic has updated but I have the same problem as the guy who started it.

 

This splash screen shows up and game never starts.

 

 

sys. specs. amd athlon xp 1700+ 1.4G,

nvidia geforce 64mb 8xagp (latest drivers)

ram kingston 256M

directx 9.0c

 

 

i remember playing it some time ago, but not sure if on the same pc. prolly, but not 100% sure.

 

any solutions?

Share this post


Link to post

got mine to work.

 

dont know if it is the right solution, but : if this problem should occur as mentioned above then use data disc instead of play disc when "insert disc" prompt appears.

 

good luck

 

-Cody

Share this post


Link to post

It's easier to run it from the icon rather than the auto-run.

Auto-run required disk swapping, icon does not.

Share this post


Link to post

I have the same problem..... I played ren a long time ago.... but now i have installed it after a while (XP instead of 2000) and have that EXACT problem! It wont run..... ive even tryed compatability mode for 2000, no change! Ill send the error report to microsoft (like it asks for)...... neone have the solution? i have some nVidia card....

 

neone know the prob?

Share this post


Link to post

Here is some more info to the problem: when i tryed to apply a patch (1.037), it gives an error:

 

"Old File not found. However, a file of the same name was found. No update done since file contents do not match."

 

hope this helps..... and i JUST INSTALLED renegade! how could it not work?

Share this post


Link to post

i have an idea to try....

 

someone upload their game.exe file and post the link here. since renegade needs other files to run besides game.exe, no one could use it for an illigal copy, but it could help others with this problem!

 

why do I ask this? because im begining to think that my game.exe is messed up, and maybe so is the other guy's....

 

thanx in advance!

Share this post


Link to post

yea... it took a few reinstalls, but it worked..... one was without uninstalling, the other was with manually deleting the game files, then installing..... now it all works! THANX, THOUGH!

 

also: the corruptness COULD have been from a scratch on the CD, making reinstall useless.... so yea....

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×