Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
GeneralZ

Renegade Installation Problem

Recommended Posts

My renegade got uninstalled. When i tried installing it again, at 17% copying always.dat, a message pops up that says: file system error please make sure game disc is in the drive. I explore the Cd and find nothing in the install/Game2-5 file. The folder say they're 71.5 mb, but i can't see anything inside. I tries isntalling several times, but it message popped every time. Does Any1 know how to fix this?

Share this post


Link to post

i think i know the problem. Theres something wrong with always.dat in the installation foler in file5. Its missing a file or something. I think i need to get a new Renegade...

Share this post


Link to post

Are you running any anti-virus software in the background? Something like Norton AntiVirus perhaps?

 

If you are, right click on your anti-virus software's icon in the system tray (next to the clock) and select disable.

 

Having anti-virus software running can cause problems when programs are installing, the anti-virus software is scanning all the compressed archives on the Renegade CD cause the setup routine to screw up.

Share this post


Link to post

i'm deleting my Norton right now... the subscription already expired, and my parents think it sucks... so they're not updating

Share this post


Link to post

its still screwed up. Can't get rid of it. Might the <Windows Malicious Code Scan> my Windows Update downlaoded have tot do anything with it? or the 1.1 net framework?

Share this post


Link to post

1 more thing.. about the <go_ez> system scan for requirements on the disc, it doesn't work. Before, it worked fine. This time it said <You are running a NT based operating system, SOme details might be missins>, and it didn't have most of what was usually detected. I really think the problem is the <Microsoft .NET Framework Version 1.1 Redistributable Package> my Pc downloaded. Its the only thing that changed my Pc since the last Renegade installation. before it wasn't using NT

Share this post


Link to post

you know GeneralZ, you can still edit posts later... 2 in a row and then 3? Come on :wink:

Share this post


Link to post

how? I don't see the edit button on the posts. And it said <you cannot edit your posts> at the bottom. If you see it, something's wrong. However, just now, after refreshing, the edit button apeared

 

alos, i getting

<phpBB : Critical Error

Could not connect to the database>

every 2-3 clicks now. I have to clikc back and click again to fix it. Something is wrong with IE....

Share this post


Link to post

I'm getting the errors with firefox... the problem isn't on our end :wink:

Share this post


Link to post

darn, i think i found the problem. I scanned the files with win rar, and found that Cab2 in the installation folder is corrupted. All the other CAB files test fine. I think I need a new Renegade Game disc

Share this post


Link to post

whoo hoo!! I fixed the problem. I put the CD through a Cd cleaner, and that fixed the problem.

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×