Sign in to follow this  
paulus73

skirmish maps ai

I have downloaded some maps from this site (thx to the developers)

I have put them in the right map ect.

But when i`m playing them in single-skirmish-mode the ai is not responding.

The maps i have are all skirmish maps and not multiplayer or both.

The a1 gets his commandcenter and two builders but isn`t doing anything.

I have search for answer but couldn`t find anything.

Pls help.

Paulus

Or there are just a few ppl who use this forum. (i can`t imagine)

Or i ask to much dumb things. :-) (could be)

Or there is no answer. (there`s always an answer, but it may be the wrong one)

I reallly want to play these fine maps against the computer, pls (i am almost on my knees ;-) ) help me with this.

Wait for it, ppl take a while to respond. I don't kno what the problem is ( I don't even know how download maps) so I'm no use.

i have encountered this problem myself. the only answer i could come up with is which general are you selecting for the enemy AI? if its a specific general and not just USA,GLA or China... there's your problem.

I know its a bit annoying coz some of the specific generals are more of a challenge, but nothings more annoying than building a wicked base, then a group of attacking things (tanks,infantry,aircraft,etc) then finding out that the enemy AI takes 2 seconds to kill.

Hope this helps, as i joined up just to let you know this;)

Well you shouldn't wait 'till you've ammassed a force before finding out what the enemy's doing - you'll never win online if you play like that.

Thx Waylander, (still trying to get the name :-) ). I suspected somthing like that. Tha t means that if ya wanna play a map, first you`ll have to play against every General before ya know wich one the ai is set to.

Mayby , if this is the problem i`m having with the maps, the admins could state in the discription from the maps wich Generals the ai is set to.

Any other possible reason for the maps to not work with ai in single-skirmishmode?

There must be worldbuilders here. Mayby i should take a look at that worldbuilder....

Laterz My Generals

In my expirience Worldbuilder has been a great bunch of crap.

None of the maps I downloaded have this problem. Maybe your comp doesnt like you (my solution to everything :D )

How dare you say that my comp doesn`t like me! I have a deep relationship with my baby over here :-) But sometimes the bitch doesn`t do what i want....and smacking the bitch is not the answer to. ;-)

Still , on Generals the maps work and in zerohour the wont....

btw...that blitzkrieg-mod....like it baby. So i will worry about the maps later on.

I dare say that in everyones relationship with thier comp it hasnt liked them at some point or another. And besides, comps are sensitive, so ya got to be very very very careful. And even then, you just never know...... :wink:

Hehehe Love is in the air

But like Cygnus X-1 says, you just never know :-)

I build i think two maps for Generals like a half year ago or something. But takes to much time to make it worth to play. So i wouldn`t know if that worldbuilder is a piece of crap.

Youd be supprised at some of the erm...more sensitive issues that come up with these machines and their manufacturerers. Like Dell not wanting to use ATI or NVIDIA graphics card. Or INTEL graphics not having T&L capability.

they're very stupid then, because every1 knows ATI and Nvidia make the best video cards

It`s all about the money, the stinking money...

btw...are there still ppl who uses dell at home? My God! That`s a schock

Then prepare to be shocked.......people still use Dells everywhere. And the stupid Dell people think that Intel graphics are good enough.

intel graphics are good enough? :rofl::rofl::rofl:

if they put ATI or Nvidia cards in, they would sell more. I would never get a Dell for my gaming needs, though public schools here are packed with them. I think the NY school board mae a deal with Dell for cheap computers, cause every classroom has 3-4 Dell computers (this is for elementary school or little kids. My 7 year old brother plays games on the internet in his classroom during his "playtime" (there's restrictions))

IN my high school, every teacher has his or her own computer and desk, all Dells. In my school's computer, which has around 100 computers, hald of them are dell, and the rest are i don't know what old-looking pcs. all have internet of course.

To prevent tampering with system files, they have a security system called Fortress, which locks out the Start menu and My Computer Icon on the Desktop to prevent people form accessing files. the my documents folder has its adress bar removed, and right click window is disabled. But they use IE for internet. That’s the downfall. All u have to do is open IE, type in <C:> in the address bar, and it works just like explorer. However, many people don’t know much about computers, so it blocks out most people..but not all.. its a really simple security

Well, I didnt buy my comp. It was a gift. So when I do get the money.........I'll need to get a bunch more games to fill up the new HD.

And Dell sucks.