Sign in to follow this  
spoon1of7

Stopping the AI from building certain units?

Hi, sorry if this is elsewhere, but i had a look and couldn't find anything related.

Is it possible in Generals to stop the AI from building certain units and buildings but allow the player to still build them. In Red Alert 2, for buildings at least, you could just put no to the allow AI to build option, but I cannot find an option like that in Tibed2.

I found an IsForbidden option and a Buildable option, though I presume that the Buildable option, if set to no, will stop the player from building it as well.

Is this sorta thing possible in Generals editing?

Hmmm... I shall try that. Not sure what the command set swap thing is as i've not dabbled in that stuff yet, just been editing unit values and stuff, but i shall look into it and have a go. thanks

you can also look into the ai.ini files (aimd.ini for yuri's revenge... not sure about TS and generals) but you can remove those task groups... if you need more help on it... just ask about it... i don't know how to do it but i knwo you can stop ai from using infantries/tanks/units by editing the ai.ini file.