Sign in to follow this  
Guest Rabbit

I just don't get it!

Guest Rabbit

I downloaded a mod (fenring has something like it in, "battlefield Funness")

I used a clean up file that can be found almost anywhere to get rid of the mod, and cleaned the folder up to resume normal play.

for some reason, the mod is partially gone, but when you play multiplayer, you start with all three mcv's still...

I even tried reinstalling yuri's revenge, but it was still there,

so I uninstalled yuri's revenge AND RA2, and installed it again... BUT it is still there! Can someone give me a list of the only files that should be in the folder so I can get rid of unneeded crap?

The mod in my topic is mine and it's not public yet. :P

Try completely removing EVERYTHING when you uninstall YR. When it asks what type of uninstall you want, click "Remove all files even if they were not part of the original installation." Then go into the registry and remove everything from there and then try again.

Guest Rabbit

well, i meant that kind of mod... not the exact same thing...

Speaking of which... when will you release it? or is that already said in another forum?

good. Ive been waiting for this one for a while.

BTW if yu dont have XCC utilities, then get at least the XCC mixer and learn to use the basics of it. Some mods actually replace the original file with one of the same name, so you may have to go in manually and clear them out. Did this with my RA when a RA to TD conversion mod didnt work. I unistalled the mod, but hte ion cannon was still there messin with my nuke. And it didnt work. SO I used XCC mixer to find the "bad" files and clear them out.

Or do what Fenring said.

Guest Rabbit

I also found another way to fix it.

I simply went into the download section for Yuris revenge, and I reinstalled the 1.001 patch, and that clears it up in an instant!

huh, I still had to get root out Moo Mans rules (after they didnt work :cry: , it froze)