Sign in to follow this  
alleylee

How to make a country start with a different MCV.

Ok... If anyone here knows a lot about TibEd, can you help me? Well... I have this project trying to react a battle in World War 2, and i want to change Germany to be a "Soviet", with a completely new building tree, units, invantry, etc. but i don't know how to make the Germans to start with their own MCV, the "German MCV" (no duh), without problems or starting with other's MCV... please help. If you know give instruction for TibEd, it would be great, but i can read a bit of manual editing... thx.

well, if you want the soviet MCV you'll have to make sure that Germany isn't an ''allied'' country anymore. (check the country stuff on the firstpage.) Next you will have to make sure that everything goes from Allied to soviet, Country's,buildings, units etc.

If you want to make a new MCV from another MCV ( you'll need an image of an MCV) simply copy the soviet/yuri or whatever MCV you want and make it buildable ONLY for Germany.

You can do this by checking out the forbidden country stuff.

When it comes to more graphics and new buildings and units you'll have to ask stinger or koen.

thx... but the thing is that i want to make a new side... and the last time i tried that... the game is also screwed up... is it possible if i add a new side and let the country land there? thx for the tip...

Well, I know that it is impossible to add any side because the game engine won't allow it.

You can edit excisting sides so you could make Germany the country you want it to be and make units that can only be build when you are germany.

And if you game has crashed, all you have to do to play it again (normal settings though) is to use ''Remove changes from game''

I forgot to sign in on the above message.

I also know that there is mod that has changed a few sides by name and units.

you can find it at www.eaglered.net

When you get the mod, you have to leave it active after you exit you RA2 or YRgame and then open a new RA2 or YR tibed mod.

then you can edit the mod itself and take a look at the side-stuff

thx for the tips... but i want it that everyone can make all of the things... maybe i got an idea... thx... do you know the manual code for the air strike that your avatar is.... if you do can you please give it to me... thx.

A friend of mine has my RED ALERT 1 game.

If you are looking for something about an airstrikeyou'll have to tweek stuff with the America and normal paradrop.

Make the units that come down on a parachute have a strong deathweaponand make them go KABOOM when they hit the ground.

You'll have to tweek some stuff.

I 'll also look in my MOD of EagleRed because they have exactly what you are looking for.

Namely a paradrop that is now a parabomb drop.

I have to take a look...

Maybe somebody else can give the manual code of red alert1 airstrike.

Come on... Anyone?