Sign in to follow this  
Saracen

Aarrgghh! My Hand!

Tomorrow begins a couple of days off from work? Why? Cos I had an accident at work! To cut a long story short, I used a plastic pallet pump truck to position several crates of orange juice into place. Upon pulling the heavy load, the pallet truck gave way, came away, and I fell onto the floor. I landed on my thumb, bending it right back.

X-rays showed I hadn't broke it, but I severely bruised and sprained the area in and around my thumb... I'm now not allowed to work for a couple of days to give my hand a rest.. When I go back, I've gotta take it carefully, and no heavy liftiing for a week. This means I've gotta take on a different role at work, and let somebody else do my job... Which will be hell on earth for me... cos I'm the only person at work who is good enough at my line of work!

Well, who's the idiot who dropped fruit juice on themselves?

Guest Rabbit

Ouch. Sure, it's just a thumb, but goddamn that hurts.

This is why forklifts were invented. If it can't be done with a forklift, then it can't be done. :P My attitute towards pallets and all things related to them. :P hhehehe....

I'd love to see you drive a forklift on a busy shop floor just before Lunch time though... It'd be Grand Fork Auto!

The only thing we're allowed to use during trading hours on the sales floor are crappy manual pump trucks... We do have Electronic pallet trucks, but they remain in the warehouse... as for Forklifts, they don't exist where I work, despite the fact that if they did have one, I'd be the only one qualified to drive one :wink:

The pump truck I was using was not even a standard size fork truck. The truck I was using has a heavy concrete block on the back to counter-weigh the load and has 2 small prongs which attach to the side of a 2 wheel plastic pallet which lifts one side up. While the other side (on wheels) runs along the floor.

It was clear that when I flew backwards across the air (with truck still in my right hand) onto my left hand that one of these prongs was not properly secure, despite the fact that I did check before pulling it away. And when I pull away on one of those things, I pull hard... it's important to gain momentum :wink:

Crates of orange juice are not fun to throw around. I worked at a Tropicana wholesale warehouse during high school, and you'd be surprised how heavy OJ is.

awwww huggles, kiss it better lol. orange fight would be good actually lol. hope ur okay now anyways bro.